• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine Anode Replacement Question

jryan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey All - I was reading on here today and learned that my AR190 has an engine anode (my dealer only mentioned the one on the outside of the pump housing on the back of the boat). I went out today and found it on the 1.8L however I was curious how hard it should be to remove this anode? Any tips/tricks on getting this out would be appreciated. I've always flushed it when returning and use Salt-Away when coming from saltwater. I figure worst case if I really have to crank on it I can just replace the cover as well.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We dont have the same motor, but here is the general idea. There are two bolts on the anode assembly the offset bolt is the the retention bolt for the assembly, thats the one you remove. the center bolt you will remove "after" you remove the assembly from the block. The center bolt holds the anode to the cover plate. You may have to turn it gently and pull outwards to wiggle it out, it has a rubber gasket that keeps it pretty snug in the block. Take a look at this thread, it is very informative.