• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Error code 203 (O2 system)

Rob2021

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Hi everyone, I have a 2015 Yamaha 212ss (California model) and I have the error code 203 (O2 system) on both of my engines. Since my boat is a California model, it has catalytic converters. Does anyone know exactly what this warning is for ("O2 system" is not very specific)? I read in another thread that it was a warning for O2 sensors but I know that there are two sets of O2 sensors on the California model boats (one pre cat and one post cat). Any help I could get is greatly appreciated!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Can't help with which one, but yes, sounds like oxygen sensors.

Rob2021

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the pre and post cat o2 sensors are the same? I’m looking on Yamaha part diagrams and I can only find one sensor labeled as an o2 sensor so I’m confused.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My guess from some internet research is that they are different.

The O2 sensor (that Yamaha calls an O2 sensor) seems to have a different part number and description from the sensor after the cat, which they call a 'thermosensor assy' (but folks on the web call it an O2 sensor, too). So I am betting they are different.

Rob2021

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
My guess from some internet research is that they are different.

The O2 sensor (that Yamaha calls an O2 sensor) seems to have a different part number and description from the sensor after the cat, which they call a 'thermosensor assy' (but folks on the web call it an O2 sensor, too). So I am betting they are different.
Thank you for your input. I was almost fully sold on them being the same but I am planning on removing the sensors from my engine and comparing them anyway. I will post my findings as soon as possible.

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you for your input. I was almost fully sold on them being the same but I am planning on removing the sensors from my engine and comparing them anyway. I will post my findings as soon as possible.
Are the o2 sensors the same (pre vs post cat)? Also do you know what size o2 socket I need? I also have the California motors with fault code 207, and need to replace one of the sensors, but don't know which one.

Rob2021

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Are the o2 sensors the same (pre vs post cat)? Also do you know what size o2 socket I need? I also have the California motors with fault code 207, and need to replace one of the sensors, but don't know which one.

I’m really sorry but I am not completely sure if the sensors (pre and post cat) are the same. I am pretty sure I remember them being the same but if you want to check them just swap the sensors and see if the warning changes. Also I’m not sure what size socket is needed.