• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Expecting delivery of my new 223VRX next week

Vandyman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Has anybody taken delivery of a new Vortex model? Our local dealer said the first 4-5 arrived last week, and mine is on the next scheduled delivery (tax day!). Not sure when we will launch it but lakes are coming up fast with all the rain over here. Went by the dealer today to take a few measurements, and boy did I want to take the floor model home with me (wrong color)!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice @Vandyman. Hoping it turns even better than you anticipate ! [flag]
Have a great weekend ! I remember, not so long ago, how exciting "these days" are !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Vandyman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Nice @Vandyman. Hoping it turns even better than you anticipate ! [flag]
Have a great weekend ! I remember, not so long ago, how exciting "these days" are !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Thanks.... I think they are made just an hour or two from where you are.... would love to tour their plant but not sure if they welcome outsiders. Go dawgs!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
3.5 hours from Greensboro, down South, in Nashville, GA.

Many times a dealer CAN arrange a factory tour. We have been offered a tour of thew Yamaha plant in Tenn and are going mid summer this year.
Ask your dealer. If he bawks, call the factory ..........I bet they'ld be pleased to show a customer/owner around !
Love to see photos if you go. Or ask me.I'll drive down and meet ya there !!!!!!!!!
Enjoy a Great weekend, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Can't wait for you to get yours and hear all about it. Talked to my dealer couple weeks ago and mine is due around 5/1 still. Rains this week have our lake at summer levels now and it is pushing 60 degrees here today. Can't wait!!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Has anybody taken delivery of a new Vortex model? Our local dealer said the first 4-5 arrived last week, and mine is on the next scheduled delivery (tax day!). Not sure when we will launch it but lakes are coming up fast with all the rain over here. Went by the dealer today to take a few measurements, and boy did I want to take the floor model home with me (wrong color)!
When you get you boat, can you let me know what # of pins the trailer harness has? I currently have a 7 blade on my car and a 7 to 4 pin adapter for my old boat. I believe the chap has a 5 pin. Want to be sure before I buy a new adapter.

Last edited:

Vandyman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
When you get you boat, can you let me know what # of pins the trailer harness has? I currently have a 7 blade on my car and a 7 to 4 pin adapter for my old boat. I believe the chap has a 5 pin. Want to be due before I buy a new adapter.
I should have that tomorrow as I plan to pick up tomorrow afternoon. They are still unwrapping her but here is a pic. More to follow. Hope the weather lets me take her out next week. image.jpg

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat. Congrats. Looking forward to some reports after you get it out on the water.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
GREAT looking boat! Anxiously awaiting your first impressions / report! I am particularly interested to hear about the level of engine/drive noise and the ride in chop. Congrats on the sweet ride!

Vandyman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
When you get you boat, can you let me know what # of pins the trailer harness has? I currently have a 7 blade on my car and a 7 to 4 pin adapter for my old boat. I believe the chap has a 5 pin. Want to be sure before I buy a new adapter.
@BobJohnson I picked her up today and it is a standard 5 pin flat connector. The trailer pulls beautifully (compared to my old 23 footer), but I know the water is where it counts.
@OrangeTJ I hope (weather permitting) to get her on the water this weekend and will let you know. It appears there is more insulation in the engine bay than what I recall at the boat show back in January (maybe a few other mods) but will let you know about the noise. If I can fire up my GoPro, I'll try to take some video (not used that before either).

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Vandyman - Would you be willing to share whether there was any negotiability in the price of the boat? I see on the Chap website that they advertise a "no hassle" price, but I don't know whether that means fixed pricing or if the dealers actually discount like they do on their "traditional" boats.

Vandyman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Vandyman - Would you be willing to share whether there was any negotiability in the price of the boat? I see on the Chap website that they advertise a "no hassle" price, but I don't know whether that means fixed pricing or if the dealers actually discount like they do on their "traditional" boats.
@OrangeTJ I tried to negotiate the pricing but was not successful (I had the same response from the Yamaha folks too). I was able to get some accessories and a higher trade in value, but was told the actual price was non negotiable. Based on other boats I considered, I think the price was ok.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks! Yeah, Yamaha dealers don't seem to negotiate in any meaningful way either. I don't think the Chap pricing for these is out of line...was just curious if they negotiated. It is interesting how much room there is for negotiation on other boats but apparently not on jet boats. I am guessing that Chap wants to go head-to-head with Yamaha and doesn't want to miss potential customers by using the I/O pricing strategy of huge MSRP and then huge discounts to get to the "real" price.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
@BobJohnson I picked her up today and it is a standard 5 pin flat connector. The trailer pulls beautifully (compared to my old 23 footer), but I know the water is where it counts.
@OrangeTJ I hope (weather permitting) to get her on the water this weekend and will let you know. It appears there is more insulation in the engine bay than what I recall at the boat show back in January (maybe a few other mods) but will let you know about the noise. If I can fire up my GoPro, I'll try to take some video (not used that before either).
Thank you! Ordering a 5 pin flat adapter tonight. Love the picture of your boat you posted earlier. Would love to see your go pro video's if you can do them. Supposed to be nice this weekend up north here, so hopefully you have dry warm weather there and can get it on the water. Enjoy. Last I was told was 5/14 for mine.

Vandyman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Vandyman - Did you get the new boat out this weekend? Can't wait to hear about it!
We did!! Successful launch and weekend. Only put about 2 1/2 hours on her but will provide initial good, bad, and ugly. First, there was no ugly, and really no bad. The engine noise is moderate... About the same as in my old boat. I could easily talk to those in back at 30mph and they said not an issue. I was probably over analyzing it due to reading about it so much but no one else seemed to notice. Would I like quieter? Sure... But not really an issue for me. Handling took some getting used to but was amazing. I've never had a boat that was so nimble or responsive. I didn't push hard due to break-in period (which limits me to 7000 rpm anyway for 7 hours) but the ride was remarkable. Sooo much better than my old 23 footer, and slices thru chop with ease. Fit and finish is also really awesome. The only thing I could not figure out was the stereo system. Could not pick up any stations and the USB recognized my iPhone but would not play from music list. No biggie and I'll research more on that. All in all the fam loves it and we had a blast. Can't wait to get thru the break in period. More to follow, and I'll try for some video. image.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to hear it went well, that's a great looking boat!

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Great. Very happy for you! Thank you for the great write up also. Set up the closing and delivery date for mine over the weekend. Thursday 5/21 is my day. I feel like I am 5 years old and waiting for Christmas to come.

Keep the updates, pictures and videos coming. I can not read or look at too much stuff while I wait for mine.

Congrats again. Enjoy!