• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 255 Sport e Deliveries

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just checking with individuals who are currently taking delivery of a FSH 255 Sport e. Specifically wondering when the put their deposit down and ordered their boat.

Skipper428

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We put our deposit down in July, ordered officially August 18, 2021. Dealer has told us our order is confirmed with Yamaha, no other details available at this point. Getting very impatient.

Nick255FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put my deposit down in September. On 2/1 I was told by the dealership I was #6 on the list for FSH 255's. Wondering if it will make it before Yamaha starts cutting orders. The dealership said Yamaha cut orders last year in April.

Skipper428

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I put my deposit down in September. On 2/1 I was told by the dealership I was #6 on the list for FSH 255's. Wondering if it will make it before Yamaha starts cutting orders. The dealership said Yamaha cut orders last year in April.
#6 with your dealership or nationwide?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We put our deposit down in July, ordered officially August 18, 2021. Dealer has told us our order is confirmed with Yamaha, no other details available at this point. Getting very impatient.
Put a deposit down in January. Dealer just told me that the Yamaha rep has confirmed delivery around 4/29. Not impressed with the transparency and communication from the factory. Has been difficult to get any build timing they also confirmed our change to an aluminum trailer

Nick255FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Still waiting on mine. Deposit put in towards the end of September. I check in about once a month and I am told boats are arriving regularly and continue to be patient. On my last check in (mid-March) I asked my rep if Yamaha cut orders in April 2021 should I be concerned with my order being cut with April around the corner and was told he has not heard anything from Yamaha about cutting orders. I also asked if my deposit/order falls in with their (dealership) original orders for the year or outside their original order and that did not get answered. So still waiting.

CajunBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Put down a deposit and placed an order for one in June 2021 and it still has not arrived. Dealer has stated that the order has been confirmed by Yamaha and I originally got an estimated delivery of December 2021 and then revised to February 2022. Now the dealer is stating that they are getting little to no information on the specifics of delivery. It is frustrating because of the lack of transparency and information coming out of the manufacturing process. I am hoping delivery is very soon but this has been a frustrating wait with the lack of information coming in. If anyone has any intel on any of this, please share!

Nick255FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Put down a deposit and placed an order for one in June 2021 and it still has not arrived. Dealer has stated that the order has been confirmed by Yamaha and I originally got an estimated delivery of December 2021 and then revised to February 2022. Now the dealer is stating that they are getting little to no information on the specifics of delivery. It is frustrating because of the lack of transparency and information coming out of the manufacturing process. I am hoping delivery is very soon but this has been a frustrating wait with the lack of information coming in. If anyone has any intel on any of this, please share!
You would think moving from 2021 too 2022 the manufacturing would be relatively smooth in year 2 seeing how there were no model changes other than color.

CajunBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The most frustrating part is that the dealer has communicated that there are Yamaha manufacturing reps that they rely on for manufacturing information overall and on specific orders. But at the present time, those reps don't communicate very much intel at all. My dealer has stated that this hasn't always been the case. In the past, they would get a play by play on their orders but that doesn't happen anymore. I can appreciate the uncertainty in the market right now in regards to supply chain issues and other manufacturing issues, but my question is what is the purpose of having manufacturing reps if they cannot provide even the most basic information of the manufacturing process? It is apparent that there are delays associated with these orders. The fact that there are multiple individuals communicating on this thread experiencing the same issues proves that. I just don't understand the lack of communication from the manufacturing process. It puts a strain on the dealers. I will be honest, I have had a few unpleasant calls with my dealer because of the lack of transparency. He has had to take the brunt of my frustration, but I am aware that he is probably just as frustrated or more frustrated than me with this situation. I am still very much looking forward to my delivery but I just wish this whole pre-delivery process was running smoother.

Nick255FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The most frustrating part is that the dealer has communicated that there are Yamaha manufacturing reps that they rely on for manufacturing information overall and on specific orders. But at the present time, those reps don't communicate very much intel at all. My dealer has stated that this hasn't always been the case. In the past, they would get a play by play on their orders but that doesn't happen anymore. I can appreciate the uncertainty in the market right now in regards to supply chain issues and other manufacturing issues, but my question is what is the purpose of having manufacturing reps if they cannot provide even the most basic information of the manufacturing process? It is apparent that there are delays associated with these orders. The fact that there are multiple individuals communicating on this thread experiencing the same issues proves that. I just don't understand the lack of communication from the manufacturing process. It puts a strain on the dealers. I will be honest, I have had a few unpleasant calls with my dealer because of the lack of transparency. He has had to take the brunt of my frustration, but I am aware that he is probably just as frustrated or more frustrated than me with this situation. I am still very much looking forward to my delivery but I just wish this whole pre-delivery process was running smoother.
I have made it a point to check in monthly and contain my frustration while still being direct with my rep. I understand he is the middle man until the boat is delivered. To his credit he has not given me a specific delivery date. He has kept me in the loop of where I stand in line at the dealership. Mid March I was #4 in line for the yacht blue 255. I was #11 in October. I will check in again with him next week to see if I am any closer. I am very anxious for delivery as well. I have already purchased the thrust vectors, lateral thrush and swim platform seadek.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My sales rep is more than fed up wuth Yamaha to the point that he is refusing to take any more deposits on Yamahas. He is reffering all of the Yamaha boats to other sales people.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The dealership I am going through is one of three the company has in the Houston area. In January I got the last allocation that was available for an FSH 255 for all of the dealerships. I know this because the morning I put my deposit down it was between me and another individual. Whoever got the deposit down forst got the allocation. To his credit my salesman did not pressure me by telling me that, but I was in a casual conversation with my salesman and the other individual who told me that he had to tell the other guy that he would have to settle for a 252 because they didn't have any more allocations for the 255s. I am now next in line for the blue FSH 255 that is coming sooner or later. With the information I have I do not understand how people are getting dates for delivery months in advance. I am led to believe there is a lot of fake internet news being generated on this site.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha doesn't build all models simultaneously. They do runs of similar models / lengths then switch over to another one and so on. So for instance they be running 19' and 21' at a time and then switch over to 25' only then switch over to Center Console, etc. etc. They also can, at times do only a run of certain models in each length depending on what parts they have available. That is one of the reasons why the types of boats they push out seem to ebb and flow. They don't build all models and lengths at the same time. They need to switch over between them.

I do agree it would be much better with better communication out to dealers and customers.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

CajunBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yamaha doesn't build all models simultaneously. They do runs of similar models / lengths then switch over to another one and so on. So for instance they be running 19' and 21' at a time and then switch over to 25' only then switch over to Center Console, etc. etc. They also can, at times do only a run of certain models in each length depending on what parts they have available. That is one of the reasons why the types of boats they push out seem to ebb and flow. They don't build all models and lengths at the same time. They need to switch over between them.

I do agree it would be much better with better communication out to dealers and customers.
That process seems like a very logical execution. Especially with current circumstances surrounding lack of parts and supply chain issues. I agree with you that it would help the situation greatly if these types of things were just communicated to the dealers and customers properly. I can appreciate that there are going to be delays associated with these orders, getting the general explanation as to what goes into the delays would lessen a lot of the frustration that all of us are experiencing.

CajunBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is so much difference in what dealers are telling buyers that someone is not telling the truth.
I agree with you that it is hard to find facts associated with the build and delivery of these boats. I'll continue to post in this thread any information I get pertaining to my specific order. I'm not looking to contribute to any fake news. I was just trying to get confirmation here that what little information I have been given about delivery is lining up with other customer's experience.

Just to clarify what my specific situation is. I put down a deposit on a 2022 Yamaha 255 Sport E (black) in June of 2021. Dealer notified me later on in the process that Yamaha had confirmed my order, meaning my order would not be cut and pushed into the 2023 cycle. I was given an estimated delivery of December 2021 by my dealer in October of 2021. When December 2021 passed with no delivery, I was given an estimated delivery of February 2022. That has come and gone now also and my dealer is not giving me any estimated delivery time and has communicated to me that they are not getting any concrete information out of Yamaha as to the manufacturing and delivery. My dealer has said that they currently have 13 2022 255 FSH Sport E's set to deliver to their dealerships and my specific boat is #2 in line out of those 13.

I would love to hear what others experience, so keep the communication going here. But, from the looks of who is currently in this thread, it seems that I have had one on order the longest. So, I will follow up with everyone when I get any new information or a delivery.

Thor32766

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put down a deposit in February here in Florida was told they ordered 5 black 255s. Supposed to be delivered July range he said. Also said they did not order any 252's. No one is requesting them. Found that interesting.