• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Guesses at Spring 2024 Value of 2007 SX230 anyone?

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Everything in Texas is a little bigger including the prices of boats and jet skis during prime time spring and summer months. I spend a lot of time keeping up with the values of Yamaha Waverunners because that is primarily what I have been rebuilding over the last 15 years or so but these jet boats are new to me. I bought a 2007 to rebuild last season for personal use but a recent retirement has given me a different outlook on things and I want to move on from boat ownership for now to explore off-grid camping.

This is where I come to you guys, the professionals 😉

I can look at NADA all day long and figure out what the retail value is or look on boat trader to see what people are currently asking but has anybody been actively watching the valuation on the 2007 and 2008 SX230s by chance to have somewhat of a general feeling of what a valid sales price might be for this coming peak season May or June especially if you are near the Houston Texas area. I know the price is on these things very greatly depending on where you are at in the country of course.

I just don't want to dump too much money into reconditioning this thing if It isn't going to be worth The remodel. Here's a short list of what's going to be done before it would be sold.

1. Both of the Very Low hour motors Will be rebuilt to spec (I work on these MR1HO motors all the time for Waverunners). They will have perfect stock compression before the boat is sold.
2. The entire fuel system will be cleaned out including a hand purging of the fuel tank and the injectors and fuel rail professionally cleaned.
3. All cables will be in perfect condition after replacing them with the new.
4. The clearance on the jet pumps versus prop will be perfect as well as the condition of the props.
5. Clean out plugs will be rebuilt.
6. The fiberglass hull is in excellent condition but I will be removing the sun faded stickers and will be detailing the hull to get rid of all of the oxidation.
7. I will be dumping around $4,000 into having the seats reupholstered since the foam is in great shape... So brand new upholstery throughout the entire boat.

8. I will be putting the boat on a $6400 McLain Aluminum dual axle trailer in brand new condition (That's the original price of course as it is a 2015 trailer that has been kept indoors). Tires including the spare are in nearly brand new condition and the bearings will all be greased and serviced with all trailer lights working.

I'm not trying to make a killing on the boat but I would like to know that before I put out all the time invested in doing something like this as well as rebuilding the motors and paying a bunch of money for the seats to be redone that a person can get roughly $22,000 for something like this during peak b
Season?

I know that used boat buyers don't typically give much thought on the value of a trailer so I feel that is where I'm going to suffer on this one a little bit. It might even be better for me to trade someone the stock dual axle galvanized trailer plus cash for this aluminum one if that's something they've been looking to do?

Thoughts on this and/or pricing for this coming sale season? I really need to get going on this project to have it ready in time regardless And I recently found out that parting out a 2008 SX230 was a major pain in the butt so I'm not interested in doing that again lol.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
check J D Powers I did it adding a 24 foot aluminum trailer and it came out average price 20k low price 18k and that was for the heaviest populated county in the state of Florida they go by zip code

EvenParr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have an '07 sx230ho and I am constantly looking what similar boats go for in my area (Michigan). I have very low hours on mine, and overall is in great condition. I see less conditioned '07's going for $22k-27k. Now, thats what they are asking, not what they're necessarily 'getting'.
That said, where are you located? I have a galvanized trailer, and have been considering an aluminum for mine.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think if you've got a boat that's basically perfect, low hours, needs nothing, 25-30k is probably not unreasonable, depending on just how nice it is.