• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Frozen MN

vwallat99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
New to the forum but not new to Jet-Boating. I've owned my Sea-Doo Challenger 1800 for a couple years now and absolutely love it. I was jet-skier before finally upgrading to a Jet-Boat and couldn't be anymore happier with the trade. Just wanted to introduce myself and help cope with my Winter Blues by reminiscing about my Boat and experiences.

Attachments

tbk_1112

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum...its my way of getting through the winter and dreaming of liquid water again!

tbk_1112

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lake Waconia primarily, but we also like Lake Minnetonka as well. HBU?

vwallat99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Lake Charlotte in St. Michael is a small little lake nearby me which is SUPER clean. I enjoy going there mostly.

Lake Caribou just south of Marcell is the clearest lake I've ever seen in MN so that one is a nice secret to check out if anyone is near Northern MN past Grand Rapids. It's worth the extra drive when you can see 30 FT down and do some snorkeling.

Lake Minnetonka every now and again for me. It's nice to have a full day to explore for that.

tbk_1112

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My family has a place just north of there so I know Caribou well...its clean and deep. Love that area north of Rapids and have only had my jet boat up there once since its a bit of a drive and we have several boats up there already. I'd like to bring it up and get on Turtle Lake with it someday.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome, from Pelican Rapids! We graduated from Waverunners to a SeaDoo at first as well.

Is 'Tonka a pain with the weeds and a jet?

tbk_1112

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Biffdotorg,

They can be, but you'd have to get off the main navigation routes to find a lot of weeds (Watermilfoil) given the amount of traffic on that lake. I haven't had much concern or problems with them in my experience. If your cruising between bays and sticking to the main part of the water you're fine.

vwallat99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
tbk , it was pretty surreal going onto that lake so awesome that you know it as well and have experienced it. I wish it was much closer so I could check it out more often.

biff , Minnetonka sucks near the launches with the weeds but I usually give it a good push away before I start up. Never have had much issue with it after navigating throughout the lake. I had sucked up a good amount of rocks that made me replace some parts a couple years back so I do this pretty anywhere I go now for launching.

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
NW Burbs here, but keep the 212 up on Mille Lacs...Welcome!