• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Illinois AR250

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been a frequent follower and viewer for over a year and the information and members have been a great asset getting into the jet boat world. Picked up a Yamaha AR250 and love it thus far. We use our boat for water sports, but we also love to fish. Have added a removal 36v trolling motor with ipilot, helix 5 depth finder with removal transducer for use when we frequent lakes with bays containing vegetation and or we are fishing off the back or front removal seat sections. Being new to a jet boat we love the thrust vectors as well as the keel guard for protection in shallow water and beaching. We wanted a boat we could use with multiple families in larger bodies of water but also have a draft we can use in mid size lakes and also fish with the kids. The AR250 has been ideal thus far in filling all of these needs.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome.

Good Looking Boat. Could you post some pictures of the trolling motor setup you have as well as the helix removable transducer, etc. These are always big topics here and ideas and solutions or most welcome.

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Awesome! How did you mount the trolling motor?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boat!!!

Where bouts in Illinois?

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great looking boat! This is the color we wanted before finding out it would be changed for 2022. Are your thrust vectors from jetboatpilot.com? If so, did you get the added lateral thruster option?

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks everyone. I am from northern IL. Some details on the trolling motor setup. I built a mount out of 1/2 aluminum that is mounted to a quick release bracket and puck. Since it is 112lb thrust the larger quick release bracket was needed (RTA-54). The puck stays on the boat when not in use and I reinforced the bottom of the anchor locker with 5/16 aluminum for a solid mounting surface. I put metal plates behind the hinges to add strength as well. I use ram mounts for an added mount that clamps to the bow rail. In terms of power , I built a portable battery box that contains a 36v lithium 60ah battery, circuit breaker, gauge and quick connect that I put under the front seat when I am using it. I was going to add a star nut with a threadall bolt for a safety lock in the locker however for the inland lakes we use it on the mount is plenty strong even with anchor lock on.

For the helix 5 mount I used a ram mount again and used a claw clamp. However I have now built a cup holder Ram mount that fits In the cup holder mounted to a 1/2 in to 1 inch ball adapter to the helix 5 ram mount ( I’ll get a picture next time I am out). For the transducer i built a a quick release mount off the rear tie down using a ram mount and a kayak transducer mount from fish finder mounts. The mount comes with a claw that I removed and put an aluminum ram mount ball end on. This allows the transducer mount to swivel and raise up out of the water when under way. Power comes from a small 12v lithium battery which also powers the gps puck.
Attached some pictures I had.

Attachments

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Very nice! Well done!

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great looking boat! This is the color we wanted before finding out it would be changed for 2022. Are your thrust vectors from jetboatpilot.com? If so, did you get the added lateral thruster option?
Yes they are from jet boat pilot. No i don’t believe the lateral thrusters are available yet for the 2021 25ft boats or they were not an option when I bought the thrust vectors.

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum, and great to see another Yammie in Illinois. We are in Naperville, frequenting the Illinois River, Cedar Lake, and Southwest Michigan every chance we get. Call sometime if you would like someone to drool all over your 255...you have a nice boat.

Zuppy51

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well done! I’m in the process of a similar setup for fishing. I’m very impressed with the thought and execution you put in.
Would you mind adding more details and pics on the trolling setup?
mount on anchor locker?
length of shaft?
pics of the mount?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jdl110 Great Job! Looks like in the picture your anchor locker is getting torqued a bit, the line where the anchor locker meets the hull is uneven. What are your thoughts on that? Still very nice. I considered that location a great deal, before I settled on a bow gunwale location. I went with a custom bow mount I built. I wanted to be able to use the Anchor locker easily with trolling motor aboard and also give me more unobstructed room up front so that it doesn't extend over the seats at all, whether this matters or not I am still unsure. My goal was to be able to still use front ladder as well for people to get in and out with trolling motor attached, safely. May switch out top mounting plate to aluminum and extend out a couple more inches.

Last edited:

JetBoat1521

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum, and great to see another Yammie in Illinois. We are in Naperville, frequenting the Illinois River, Cedar Lake, and Southwest Michigan every chance we get. Call sometime if you would like someone to drool all over your 255...you have a nice boat.
Where do you launch at when you frequent the Illinois River?

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just getting back from vacation @JetBoat1521

We use the Morris boat launch 90% of the time. Sometimes we will go down to Ottawa, but only during the week. Weekends at Morris everytime. When we get on the river in Morris we make a decision: up river or down? We count the amount of boats in both directions and go the opposite way. (Sometimes it works. :)) There are 24 miles of river between the two locks there, so we usually can find our own spot.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jdl110 Great Job! Looks like in the picture your anchor locker is getting torqued a bit, the line where the anchor locker meets the hull is uneven. What are your thoughts on that? Still very nice. I considered that location a great deal, before I settled on a bow gunwale location. I went with a custom bow mount I built. I wanted to be able to use the Anchor locker easily with trolling motor aboard and also give me more unobstructed room up front so that it doesn't extend over the seats at all, whether this matters or not I am still unsure. My goal was to be able to still use front ladder as well for people to get in and out with trolling motor attached, safely. May switch out top mounting plate to aluminum and extend out a couple more inches.

i Noticed it was a little uneven as well so I went back and looked at a picture when I picked up the boat and I noticed the gap was uneven with no mount as well. If it was something I planned on keeping installed at all times I would maybe add another lock through the anchor locker. I like your mount idea so the anchor locker is useable And no seating is impacted. We lose one little part of the bow seat with thud setup.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am always looking for a better way to do something. Would of been much quicker if did the Anchor locker.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i Noticed it was a little uneven as well so I went back and looked at a picture when I picked up the boat and I noticed the gap was uneven with no mount as well. If it was something I planned on keeping installed at all times I would maybe add another lock through the anchor locker. I like your mount idea so the anchor locker is useable And no seating is impacted. We lose one little part of the bow seat with thud setup.
If you don't mind, when you get a chance, could you post a picture from the top down over the top of the trolling motor from above the bow. I am interested in seeing how it looks from that direction.

Also your boat is bigger than mine, I think you have a nicer larger bow area around the locker and bow gunwales. Which is nice.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well done! I’m in the process of a similar setup for fishing. I’m very impressed with the thought and execution you put in.
Would you mind adding more details and pics on the trolling setup?
mount on anchor locker?
length of shaft?
pics of the mount?
Hi. 60 inch 112lb thrust. I will get some more pictures of the puck and underside of the anchor locker next week.
the mount is made out of a quick release bracket and 1/2 aluminum plate. Trolling motor is mounted with bolts facing up and the heads are counter sunk so the bottom is flush.plate reinforcing the hinge and underside of the locker is 5/16 aluminum plate.

Attachments

68junglejim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello JDL110. Great set up, you have inspired me to mount a TM on my AR250. Would you mind sending me the dimensions of the 1/2in aluminum you installed on the bracket? Also would love to see a picture of the underside of the hatch so I can see how you reinforced the hinges and backside of the mounting bracket. Maybe I missed in in the thread, but where did you end up placing the 36v battery?