• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I can’t stop shopping vehicles

Fun, Fun, or Future Proof?

• 2022 Ford Mach1

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 2024 Jeep Rubicon 392

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 2024 Tesla Model Y Long Range

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was very tempted to get a TRX but I wanted a sports car.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was very tempted to get a TRX but I wanted a sports car.
If they put the 392 or hellcat motor in a non lifted truck I'd buy one in a heartbeat. But ram continues to fail me.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If they put the 392 or hellcat motor in a non lifted truck I'd buy one in a heartbeat. But ram continues to fail me.
I would have been more tempted if I could my truck with the 6.2L. The TRX lacks offerings of the Limited that are very useful to me. But I do agree - give me a sports truck. I don't go off-road.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I would have been more tempted if I could my truck with the 6.2L. The TRX lacks offerings of the Limited that are very useful to me. But I do agree - give me a sports truck. I don't go off-road.
The only thing I miss from my PowerWagon Lvl3 is the RamBox package and it's bed divider/extender (and occasionally the extra 9" of bed...). It's a shame Ram couldn't figure out a way to get the RamBoxes in the flared bed body, I used them all the time.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The only thing I miss from my PowerWagon Lvl3 is the RamBox package and it's bed divider/extender. It's a shame Ram couldn't figure out a way to get the RamBoxes in the flared bed body, I used them all the time.
The two features that are deal breakers are the split tailgate and air suspension. I also hate the shifter - give me the knob and my center console space back.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The two features that are deal breakers are the split tailgate and air suspension. I also hate the shifter - give me the knob and my center console space back.
See now I much prefer the shifter in the console to the dial I had in the PW and apparently the shifter proved so popular that Ram brought it to the rest of the 1500s in the GT package. The Active Bilsteins do a really good job though and are much better than the standard shocks but you don't have the ride height adjustment of the air like my FIL's Limited.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you're looking at a 90K+ wrangler (LOL), and have an EV on your list - why is it the Y and not the S-Plaid?
I’m glad you asked… reasons 1, 2, & 3) I’m frugal. :)

The 392 would be $6k off sticker, is still a bad financial decision, but would have good resale value. It was a lark, and is highly improbable I’d buy it. I’ve been looking at Model S’s as long as they’ve existed. A nice Model S would be great, but not eligible for incentives, and seems kinda long in tooth. I’d be just as happy with a 3 or Y.

More realistically, the Model Y is eligible for $10.5k in incentives, so that makes it a low $40k car. And I don’t have to lease it to get the incentives. (I also won’t feel bad about keeping the truck.)

Likewise the Mach1 is reduced almost $8k, so I can justify spending $52k on it. This is a lark too, just more affordable and known entity. Backseat is still an issue. I need a four door Mustang. Stinger woulda been great if dealers didn’t think they were selling lumber during COVID.

I also like Audi A5 & S5s too (LOVE the RS7). Where I live is rural and I have to drive over an hour to a “luxury car dealer”, going past 3-4 dealers of any one brand, which tempers my interest.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

The 392 would be $6k off sticker, is still a bad financial decision, but would have good resale value. It was a lark, and is highly improbable I’d buy it. I’ve been looking at Model S’s as long as they’ve existed. A nice Model S would be great, but not eligible for incentives, and seems kinda long in tooth. I’d be just as happy with a 3 or Y.

More realistically, the Model Y is eligible for $10.5k in incentives, so that makes it a low $40k car. And I don’t have to lease it to get the incentives. (I also won’t feel bad about keeping the truck.)

Likewise the Mach1 is reduced almost $8k, so I can justify spending $52k on it. This is a lark too, just more affordable and known entity. Backseat is still an issue. I need a four door Mustang. Stinger woulda been great if dealers didn’t think they were selling lumber during COVID.

I also like Audi A5 & S5s too (LOVE the RS7). Where I live is rural and I have to drive over an hour to a “luxury car dealer”, going past 3-4 dealers of any one brand, which tempers my interest.
Everything I just heard was "I need the 392 but it costs too much" - can't take it when your gone. Buy it!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think he's looking at "fun" options vs "cost effective" options. If he's not gonna get something fun with a V8, he's gonna get something that supposedly makes financial sense.
I dunno, they all seemed like potential fun options. That Model Y will give both of those vehicles a run for their money up to felony speeds.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I dunno, they all seemed like potential fun options. That Model Y will give both of those vehicles a run for their money up to felony speeds.
It would also be the most boring.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

S5 Quattro tuned would be a fun car. 400 + hp tuned

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Everything I just heard was "I need the 392 but it costs too much" - can't take it when your gone. Buy it!
I don’t need a lot, I just want a bargain on whatever it is. 🤣 I thought I’d be driving a vegetable scrap powered, time traveling sports car by now.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No argument there. Still miss the rumble of my GT and GTO even though my commuter car would blow the doors off both of 'em.
I learned a long time ago it's not the outright speed that's fun. It's the experience of it. Most of the most fun cars I've had were the slowest sporty ones I've owned. The outliers were cars that were just so bonkers they were fun.

The 392 wrangler fits squarely into the sp bonkers it's a blast category. If it's even on your radar, buy it. You will probably sell it for more than you paid.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You will probably sell it for more than you paid.
This. In 20 years that 392 Wrangler will be selling for 200k+. It will be a collectors item.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This. In 20 years that 392 Wrangler will be selling for 200k+. It will be a collectors item.
Absolutely. Unfortunately, so will a cheeseburger if inflation keeps up this way.

I kid, I kid. But you see what crazy money people are paying for like, K5 Blazers and stuff now? The 392 wranglers are gonna be like that mixed with the rare muscle car hysteria.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20 years to double my money? That's not good. Probably only the 2023 20th anniversary editions, which were limited to 4k, will be valuable, and of course you can't drive it and need to seal it in a plastic bag. :p

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was reading up on the 2024 Model 3/Y last night. Definitely going to wait until they come out. I'll probably wait until Spring to see how things are. No need to buy a new vehicle going into winter, my RAM has it covered.