• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting 24 Foot Boat Comparison - From a year + ago

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I cannot find the original of this. I had simply saved this as a WORD doc. When I "found" this today, I thought it might help someone investigating boat purchases. I will begin by quoting what the originator had written, followed by the best part, the image comparison. So here goes:

" ............ One thing we were not really familiar with, since we are not in the Sea Ray or Chapparal or Four Winns business, is that there really is a drastic and might I even say expansive price gap between Yamaha's flagship 242 Limited S and the nearest competitor in this article, the Four Winns SL 242. We're not talking hundreds of dollars, or even thousands of dollars, but tens of thousands of dollars separate the two, and that is for the boat nearest Yamaha in this comparison. Sea Ray, which I might add, has the very smallest usable bow seating area and cockpit seating area is, according to our research, over $27,000 higher than the Yamaha! That's 50% more!
In the above images you will see Yamaha's 2013 242 Limited S and the three major competitors offerings (most near to Yamaha's target market). Each boat is in the 23'-24' category. Each boat is 8'6" inches wide. Images are from left to right, from longest to shortest, but the size of the boat does not necessarily dictate the size of the seating area. As you will see in the illustrations above, Yamaha, and their award winning design team have maximized the available seating in the bow and cockpit area and have one upped their competitors, all while doing it for less.

Yamaha_VS_The_Competition_242ls_Print_For_Blog.png

When asking yourself "How is it that Yamaha boats are the best selling brand in the business and have been since 2009? It all boils down to "most bang for your buck"! If I'm Mr. Joe customer out looking for a boat to spend time with family and friends, the Yamaha is where I'd put my money.

Let's assume for a second that this available space area was the only key area where Yamaha had a leg up on the competition. With the tremendous price differential plus the additional usable space where you need it, one could make a case where Yamaha would be able to sell more boats than the other guys on those merits alone. Now, add back to the equation the fact that they have twin engines (peace of mind), direct drive (low maintenance), no exposed prop (safety), tons of extras at no additional charge (value), Yamaha marine engines (reliability) and one of the best looking boats possibly anywhere ('nuf said), you can see how Yamaha is actually revolutionizing the boat business as we know it.

Word to the wise.If you're in the market for a boat, do your research. Then, go buy a Yamaha boat! You will love it, your family will love you for it and you will have peace of mind knowing that you got the most out of your hard earned dollar !"

I did not write nor compose this. But I give big kudos to whomever it was. Hope y'all enjoy this, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good info, thanks for sharing.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great comparisons. I was actually doing that earlier this evening. I like how they have the bow overlay, it really puts things into perspective.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2015 boat comp.JPG
Here is a scan of a page from Yamaha's "2015 Boats Yamaha, Revs Your Heart" sales pamphlet / brochure. Hopefully next year the boats they compare their own to are other jetboats like the scarab, chaparral, glastron, etc.