• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

kill switch replacement

RobertH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if it's an easy job to replace the kill switch on a Sugar Sand Tango ? Mine's next to the throttle - which looks simple enough to remove from the sidewall, just 3 screws - but I thought I'd ask before doing anything stupid. How do I remove this panel without causing myself problems with the throttle mechanism, etc ? Thanks

Attachments

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I have seen a few youtube videos out there going in depth about the throttle control panel. I would assume it is real easy to replace a kill switch module.

RobertH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
OK I got the throttle housing off - the cables and controls are all mounted on a plate safely so that was easy. The kill switch is on a super short cable - there's zero play in the wiring at all which seems really stupid to me - but I should be ok to solder in a replacement. I can't hardly even get the ignition switchgear off to get any more length in the wiring, it's pretty dumb

Attachments

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
OK I got the throttle housing off - the cables and controls are all mounted on a plate safely so that was easy. The kill switch is on a super short cable - there's zero play in the wiring at all which seems really stupid to me - but I should be ok to solder in a replacement. I can't hardly even get the ignition switchgear off to get any more length in the wiring, it's pretty dumb
well best of luck

RobertH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Yeah well I replaced the kill switch and....it still doesn't work. The old one even appeared to function fine when I tested it, so really that was a waste of time :(

If the switch itself isn't faulty, what else could the problem be ? Kill switch Ground wire not connected right to kill the spark ??

Advise welcome, thank you

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I would check for continuity.

sam green

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hi Rob
What is exactly the issue you are having?