• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kneeboard weight limit?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So what happens when you go over the weight limit on a kneeboard? Just asking because I see dicks is having a sale and I could buy one for 50. Not the greatest board but it's mainly for my nephew but I'll play around every once and a while with it. It says max weight 120. I'm 150

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You'll be fine. I'm guessing you won't be able to cut maybe as well as one that supports your weight or it may seem a little small. I stopped using my kneeboard years ago, not because of knee pain, but because my ankles get torqued with my toes pointing straight back.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't do it much anymore bc I got tired of face planting off the jumps. At least with any other water sport you can mix it up on where you will fall. Kneeboarding it's always your face

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My son is about 175 pounds and prefers to knee board over wake boarding.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you go over the weight limit of any board, handling is decreased and you'll find yourself leaning back harder (which can cause the board to porpoise).

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I never knew there was a weight limit on knee boards, I'll have to check mine out when I get home tonight. I stopped knee boarding a few years ago for the same reasons others have stated.

The knee boards today are so much more advanced than those of my past. Back when I started there was no integrated tow hook and the nonskid was just a single piece of flat neoprene, I think hydroslide was the only company that made them at that time.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What weight limit? Ours handles 100lbs to 225lbs nicely. Cam.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The weight limit may have something to do with the size of the board. I don't think you will have a problem with the AR230 pulling it since you have no shortage of power. My teenagers love the kneeboard since they can do spins and carve real hard. The kneeboard is also easy to teach to new onboarders since the version that we bought has a rope holder on the front that helps up until they get going.

I would say buy it and then decide that you are too good and need a $200 version (mine). Retractable fins and a lot of cushion