• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Leaving boat in water

DerekBeaton

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat goes the water in May (fresh water) and stays there till September or later if I can arrange it. Blistering is indeed from hull imperfections and not from water as far as I can see from research - however almost all hulls some kind of imperfections so it may eventually happen- and faster on salt water - so keep a good polish on the hull which will help. The solar panel charger works a charm and for $20 really does a good job of keeping the battery up. I also use the in my cars in the winter time. Here's what I do:
- Take the plugs out after ever use and leave the to dry. Leaving them in can cause them to stick
- If the scupper valve is below the water line, make sure it is securely fixed and not leaking
- Spiders are a concern for some so I leave the cover on at all times if the boat is not in use - also prevents sun damage
- If you are worried about tying up, this is a favourite topic amongst boaters and simply asking around the dock will get you any number of suggestions. A walk around the dock will also give you lots of ideas. I use dock whips to keep the boat off the dock and they have worked well for four years. In conjunction with a good tie up system and a bumper or two you should be in good shape. We have weathered some severe wind storms with no damage to the boat.
- Take it out once or twice a summer as stuff can build up on the hull and an occasional rinse makes your fall cleaning easier
- I bought one of these http://www.h2out.com/products/application/boats and leave it in the boat all summer when the cover is on. When we are on the lake I leave it in the (throw it on the dash) sun for a few hours to dry out and use it again. Have had this for three years and it an expensive but very good product. I also leave in in the boat during the winter.
- Some lakes (in Canada at least) don't allow, or will have regulations around boat lifts so you might want check with the local environmental regs before you invest

Anyway - that's my 2 cents worth - hope it helps.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Spiders are hard to keep out of your slip. The boat dealer here had something called Spider Rid (I think) and when I used the spray regularly it really reduced the spiders. I have tried several others with varying success. Our boat has been wet slipped for four years and I have not seen any blisters etc. on the hull. I would agree that the blisters are due to a manufacturing problem or something else other than being in a wet slip.