• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving soon to north Dallas which lake should I move to

Which lake for a family of 4 (kids 11,12) Please help

• Total voters

Dodi5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We’re a family of 4 (kids 11,12) moving to Celina area and would like to find a lane for my boat . I don’t guess I’ll be driving it from one lane to another so I’m not sure which lake should I settle for and start looking for a marina .

Lake Lewisville
Lake Ray Roberts
Lake Texoma

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We’re a family of 4 (kids 11,12) moving to Celina area and would like to find a lane for my boat . I don’t guess I’ll be driving it from one lane to another so I’m not sure which lake should I settle for and start looking for a marina .

Lake Lewisville
Lake Ray Roberts
Lake Texoma
Those are some of the few lakes I don’t know about in Texas. Lewisville is a big lake though

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would go to Ray Roberts, better water and less crowded than lewisville, was only on Texoma once, it's a big area,

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I've heard Lewisville is "the party lake". No personal experience up there, but tons of boat dealers in that area.

Geoffrey bell

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length

Lake Lewisville
Lake Ray Roberts
Lake Texoma
Have you had a chance to check any of these out yet i am in the same boat we have a family of 3 (daughter 14) and live in argyle we have been here since last year but unfortunately have not been able to check them out. I would be interested to see if you have and what your opinions are of them.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you had a chance to check any of these out yet i am in the same boat we have a family of 3 (daughter 14) and live in argyle we have been here since last year but unfortunately have not been able to check them out. I would be interested to see if you have and what your opinions are of them.
in Argyle and good close ramp is Pilot Knoll park in highland village, it's small and can get crowded on busy weekends but it's an easy drive, if you want a quiet time it's a good part of the lake, 90% of our boating is west of the I35 bridge,

Dodi5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Unfortunately I made the hard choice and sold the boat . Hoping to find a lake here that I feel I belong before I commit again .

ToddBarnes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
We live in Celina and have a slip at Mill Creek Marina on Lake Texoma. It's as good as any. I'm not crazy about any of the lakes around here but there's a good mix of recreation and fishing at Texoma. I'd stay away from Lewisville as it's always busy and Ray Roberts is better for fishing than recreation, if that's what you're looking for. Good luck and welcome to Texas.

Dodi5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks a lot . We needed up moving to Celina 😂. But after back and forth before the final move I felt the same way about the lakes there didn’t feel hot about any of them so I ended selling the boat and planning once I settle in to buy another one .

ToddBarnes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Thanks a lot . We needed up moving to Celina 😂. But after back and forth before the final move I felt the same way about the lakes there didn’t feel hot about any of them so I ended selling the boat and planning once I settle in to buy another one .
I totally get it. We enjoy Texoma primarily because of our friends but I'm more of a Central Texas lake and saltwater guy. In any event, welcome to Celina! TB