• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2015 SX240 or new left over 2014 SX240?

seamew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would think you could get the 2012 for closer to $20k less than a new one, certainly when freight, dealer prep and such is added to the new deal. I'd take the '12 in that case assuming its a nicely maintained boat.
From what I've found in Popyachts, and Boattrader, the 240 series ranging from 2010-2012 go from mid to late $30's to the early $40's for a later model with low hours. Even if you don't consider the upgrades of a '15, and you take advantage of Yamaha's promotional financing, and 5 year warrantee, buying new is a no brainer right now. The 2.99% gives you around a $5,000- $7,000 advantage on your payment schedule compared to standard financing on a used boat.

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I started looking at 230's before they stopped making them . Never did pull the trigger. When the 240's came out I always thought it was more boat than I needed until the 2015 model came out. It had everything I was looking for from comfortable seating to quiet cruise to the touchscreen display. Too many advancements to wait any longer. SOLD on the 2015.

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I've found in Popyachts, and Boattrader, the 240 series ranging from 2010-2012 go from mid to late $30's to the early $40's for a later model with low hours. Even if you don't consider the upgrades of a '15, and you take advantage of Yamaha's promotional financing, and 5 year warrantee, buying new is a no brainer right now. The 2.99% gives you around a $5,000- $7,000 advantage on your payment schedule compared to standard financing on a used boat.
I hadnt considered the financing aspect. If that is a consideration then I agree.