• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Outboard jet drive conversion

Stayfishin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Hi, new here and with jet boats. I'm really wanting to convert my 2003 Yamaha 70hp outboard motor. Looking to get a jet drive lower so that I can travel the shallows in the rivers. Was just curious if there's a company anyone can recommend to go through to get the lower unit from or if there's companies to stay away from. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

WestMIJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think these guys are the original. They are making most of the outboard jet lowers.
Outboard Jets
They made the lower for my Evinrude

Stayfishin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Awesome thank you. I found them while researching online the other day, called them and got a quote. Seemed like they were pretty much the only company I could find so I just wasn't sure if there was other options out there or if they were just the go to for most people.