• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port engine won't start

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
@HELP Also posted in the Chaparral forum...hoping to take the boat out today but my port engine will crank but not fire and I am getting the 4 codes (P0201, P0202, P0203, P1030).

I accidentally left the battery switch on after our last trip weeks ago. So it is safe to say the batteries were probably drained but I did not try to start it. However, I did just replace the batteries earlier this summer and the boat has been sitting in my driveway on a charger since Thursday.

Any thoughts? I do not have a way too clear the codes without getting it into the service shop. Fuses and wiring all look good.

UPDATE: Pulled the fuel rail and I was getting zero spray from the injectors. Bad ECM?

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would double check that you have all of the wiring to the batteries hooked and in the correct positions. Have you tried disconnect ting the batteries for a few minutes and hooking them back up to see if it will reset?

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip. I tried it out but unfortunately the codes remain and the engine will not start. Off to the repair shop I guess to see if they can clear the codes and figure it out. Everything was running fine last time I had it out.