• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reverse module Failure need replacement

Spolly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Found out today on the water my IST module failed, out of warranty now so it’s on me, I checked the fuses and relay both good, I could here a humming or noise from the IST but no movement.

Disconnected the bucket cable it moved free still no movement

So all is left it the module I opened up the water sealed module to find one for the brush holders had broken off inside the small electric motor.

So now I’m in search of a new module and wondering if it is a swap and replace or does the dealer have to be involved to sync it or calibrate it? Truly unfortunate when it’s perfectly fine besides the electric motor within that failed.

Any one know the price of these, and if it’s a like for like swap and go? Trying to not be stuck on shore for the last big weekend of the year.

Attachments

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Any chance to find only the motor? You have got so far...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Found out today on the water my IST module failed, out of warranty now so it’s on me, I checked the fuses and relay both good, I could here a humming or noise from the IST but no movement.

Disconnected the bucket cable it moved free still no movement

So all is left it the module I opened up the water sealed module to find one for the brush holders had broken off inside the small electric motor.

So now I’m in search of a new module and wondering if it is a swap and replace or does the dealer have to be involved to sync it or calibrate it? Truly unfortunate when it’s perfectly fine besides the electric motor within that failed.

Any one know the price of these, and if it’s a like for like swap and go? Trying to not be stuck on shore for the last big weekend of the year.
What is your warranty? I have a 2017 Chaparral and I have 5 years from the time it was originally purchased. We have pretty much the same iNR system. Mine was just replaced a couple weeks ago.

Spolly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What is your warranty? I have a 2017 Chaparral and I have 5 years from the time it was originally purchased. We have pretty much the same iNR system. Mine was just replaced a couple weeks ago.
I am going to have to look, could of swore I only had a 2 year warranty, if it was covered that would be great.

Trust me if I could find the motor I would, I still want a new one and keep this as a spare, cause that motor isn’t built to last

Spolly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Calling the dealer this morning, I found the part if not. Really don’t want to miss this weekend but it’s looking that way.

Spolly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So Wilson Marine dome absolutely nothing to help, said my warranty was up, even though the BRO warranty is still valid for another year.

Called Thayer Marine in Jackson MI they immediately registered the boat for the part under warranty and is overnighting it up here. I haven’t seen people go out of their way to make things happen like this in awhile, I am very appreciative and can’t wait to get back out this weekend

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For the benefit of future "Out of Warranty" folks... Can you get some more pictures of the inside of that module? How is the motor attached? I'm glad you are all set with the hopefully replacement part arriving soon, but for someone out of warranty if that small motor can be purchased and replaced, that may be a good option too in the future.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So Wilson Marine dome absolutely nothing to help, said my warranty was up, even though the BRO warranty is still valid for another year.

Called Thayer Marine in Jackson MI they immediately registered the boat for the part under warranty and is overnighting it up here. I haven’t seen people go out of their way to make things happen like this in awhile, I am very appreciative and can’t wait to get back out this weekend
Glad you did not give up. I believe in "Question everything". "They" also say ask "Why?" 7 times to get to the root cause.

Now, take that money and buy something you really want for the boat. :winkingthumbsup"

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
According to EPC.BRP.COM the new iNR replacement module is 462647. I think 461345 was the previous generation of iNR motor.

Mrhonnesty99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes but I fix these on a core trade bases, jetski use the same .

orobotheman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
So excited! Got my replacement reverse module this weekend. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to swap out? I'm sending the core back and get a credit back. I'm so happy with the quick ship fro BRTparts!

Mrhonnesty99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
Thank you , keep me posted if you need help you have my phone number

poe14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So I just had my reverse module replaced by the dealer under warranty. I had the boat out this weekend and the reverse module error came up again and put the boat in limp mode. Any other suggestions why I'm still getting this error. I have new batteries as well. I'm ready to get rid of this boat, it has been nothing but troubles.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So I just had my reverse module replaced by the dealer under warranty. I had the boat out this weekend and the reverse module error came up again and put the boat in limp mode. Any other suggestions why I'm still getting this error. I have new batteries as well. I'm ready to get rid of this boat, it has been nothing but troubles.
Did you take a look in the back? maybe something got loose and fell off??? Can you post pics?

poe14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You're talking about the connector on the ibr module? Yes as soon as we got the boat back to the marina we pulled the connector and reconnected it. I have a battery tender installed in the boat and im pretty sure its not working. Im wondering if that would be messing up the voltage and causing the eReverse module error to come on. Also when I was stranded all my gauges were working other than the voltage gauge.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I would check the relays in the fuse box. There are 2 in there. My boat was completely dead the other day and couldn't get home (went out to dinner and had to uber back). The boat was throwing an eReverse error. Ended up being a bad relay and had nothing to do with the eReverse Module. Crazy!!! These boat are sensitive to low batteries, low octane fuel and relays (always good to carry extra). Hope this helps.

poe14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I did pull the relays and test them on a 9v battery, they both were clicking so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue. I might replace them just for the hell of it because its an intermittent issue.