• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rotax owners keep this handy

Texas_Transplant

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Hello, in some need of assistance regarding the wiring on the toggle switches.

I am adding in a LED drain plug light and want it to run off the existing 3 position switch for the docking/courtesy lights with 5 pins on the back, but I don't know where to tie in at. Right now the only thing I know is the center pin is the hot the top and bottom two pins both have multiple wires running into them so I don't know which one to tap into.

The switch is for courtesy and docking lights my boat does not have docking lights so both sides of the switch currently turn on the courtesy lights and that's it I would like one side to turn on just the courtesy lights and the other side to turn on both the courtesy and the drain plug light.

An easy way maybe to hook the plug wires to where the docking lights go (since I don't have them and assume the harness is just in the hull somewhere), but I don't know where to find it

Texas_Transplant

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Ending up getting lucky. My boat did not come equipped with the docking lights, however it did have all the wiring for the docking lights. I was able to remove the front speaker and easily locate the wires that would go to your docking lights and tie right into those. Now my courtesy lights run on one side of the switch and my courtesy and boat plug light run on the other side of the switch.

JRP_44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I plan to do the same. Do have have pictures of the docking wires you found and how you wired them back to the plug lights?

Mr Ed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
They don’t sell them anymore either...I’m still looking...
Amazon has them I just bought one was heart broken I was gonna have to pull starter will update how it goes the power one part number is

G8V-RH-1C7T-R-DC-12 SPDT 20A 12V THE SADT IS FOR THE ACCESSORIES MY UNDERSTANDING THEY ARE INTERCHANGEABLE IN A PINCH

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
me too please? karlhofmeier@gmail.com, crazy how hard it is to find information.
FYI, it's because the service manual is copyrighted. It's technically illegal to share it without paying. In fact, the forum has decided to not host that file here to protect itself from possible legal issues.

Cottage-Country

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
FYI, it's because the service manual is copyrighted. It's technically illegal to share it without paying. In fact, the forum has decided to not host that file here to protect itself from possible legal issues.
Too bad! Nearly impossible to find a marina willing to fix a scarab and impossible to find the info to DIY!

John P Jones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Too bad! Nearly impossible to find a marina willing to fix a scarab and impossible to find the info to DIY!
Same issues here. All the dealerships I had used in Ct are not dealing with Scarab any more - probably since they couldn't get parts.
I'm ordering stuff myself now since I can't find a dealership to work on my boat, not even the folks who sold it to me brand new.

Ontario

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Anyone knows a good place in Ontario Canada for working on Scarabs please let me know.
I just bought "edition 1" lol '14 scarab 195 ho impulse with 93 hours.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Anyone knows a good place in Ontario Canada for working on Scarabs please let me know.
I just bought "edition 1" lol '14 scarab 195 ho impulse with 93 hours.
Ottawa here. Where are you? There aren't too many locations available sadly. Midland is one. St Onge in Barrie is another.

Also, what type of work?

Ontario

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Ottawa here. Where are you? There aren't too many locations available sadly. Midland is one. St Onge in Barrie is another.

Also, what type of work?
Hi Luc,

I am with the boat at Sandbanks,Prince Edward County.
Live in Oshawa.
I just got 5 days ago my first ever boat '14 195 impulse. Got it with 92 hours from a lady that bought it new.
It has 97 hours now.
Water is low this year, and I am in no wake little river but right at the Lake, so expected issues with weed, but once I'm in the lake and cleaned the intake...lots of fun!!! My daughters love it!
I already got some spare relays and fuses and starter solenoid...
Got to learn how to proper maintain it, looking for tips and advises always :)
Cheers!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Hi Luc,

I am with the boat at Sandbanks,Prince Edward County.
Live in Oshawa.
I just got 5 days ago my first ever boat '14 195 impulse. Got it with 92 hours from a lady that bought it new.
It has 97 hours now.
Water is low this year, and I am in no wake little river but right at the Lake, so expected issues with weed, but once I'm in the lake and cleaned the intake...lots of fun!!! My daughters love it!
I already got some spare relays and fuses and starter solenoid...
Got to learn how to proper maintain it, looking for tips and advises always :)
Cheers!
Not too far away! Well feel free to PM me or reach me through Facebook Messenger: Log into Facebook (this is easier for back and forth). Happy to guide you.

mktrobin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Need guidance - so on memorial day weekend my boat was working fine. 2017 Scarab 255 HO, the center ballast bag pump was not operating correctly, when the switch for the center ballast bag was in the off position the pump would try to run. Then when switching to the fill position it would turn off. Then we noticed that the bilge pump was running more frequently than normal. we couldn't find where there was excess water within any of the boat compartments. We stored the boat until July 4th, went to start the boat and the boats digital panal would turn on by the boat would not start.

Any recommendations on how to figure out what may be causing the non-start?

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length

Scarab255ID

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Does a 21 255 with twin 300's use the same relay? Boat is at the lake and I'm not. Still trying to buy a service manual but no luck finding one.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Same relays yes. In fact, there are mutliple brands apparently that all work.

Can't help on the manual sadly. You can probably find the Sea-Doo 300 one relatively easily, but obviously there are differences.