• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rust-Oleum NeverWet uses?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have actually purchased this at Lowe's a few months back and have yet to take them out of the box. I had several ideas to use them on. As far as the boat, I was going to spray around the screws that mount the windshield and side windows. They are located under a black strip of molding. Whatever gasket being used is no longer keeping water from seeping through and dripping into my storage, so thought I'd give this 2 step process a go. But I've since changed my mind and I'm just going to PlastiDip over the top of the screws to keep water from dripping down. You can't see the screws anyway.

So to answer your question, I have not used it yet.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw the ad for this in popular mechanics and it looks like there would be a lot of uses for this. You could spray the inside of a cooler and make rinsing it out real easy. I wonder if you could spray the floor of the ski locker to make water run off and out easily. This is like Teflon is for pans.... very cool stuff

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have some but have not used it yet. From what I've read it works but is easily rubbed off.

dbrunone

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Apparently if you get ANY sort of oil or soap on it (like fingerprints) it loses all effectiveness. So the potential uses are quite limited by that. I considered spraying a boat cover with this until I found that out

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bummer on hearing that part, I was really hoping there would be someone who had a use for it sounds like such an awesome idea. So basically you have to use it on something that simple sits in the water/rain but is never touched or cleaned...that's pretty limited!

The one idea I has was to spray my hunting boots (already waterproof) with it to see how that would hold up to a season of walking thru grass chasing pheasants/ducks. Almost sounds too 'fragile' to make that application even worth it for the extra water repellency it might provide.