• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SCARAB 255 won’t start 2018

jack s

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
So I’ve got a Scarab 255 that ran fine but the batteries were connected up wrong and the battery switch was turned. Everything was put right and the boat ran fine until it was turned off at sea and wouldn’t start again, the starter solenoid was jumped on both engines as the push buttons didn’t work. Now the boat won’t start at all unless the solenoid is jumped. The only thing I can think it could be is the solenoid but on both engines??

danny4255

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Hello, I have the same boat and wondering what you found on this issue. Thanks.

jack s

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
It turned out to be the kill switch was wound in too tight and pushing the connection out the back

danny4255

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks, appreciate it !! Might save me one day LOL