• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seat Swap - Photos Needed AR190 / AR192 Under Bench Seat

LKMSurfing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am converting my 2015 SX192 port captains chair to a bench. Just received my seat cushion and there are two threaded studs in the cushion along the back wall. The parts digram does not reference those. Only the two forward & aft brackets & pipe, which I plan to fabricate myself.

If anyone could snap some photos of under their seat would be a help so I can see what is need.

Thank you

Attachments

jeanralphio91

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
just did this retrofit this past weekend. bought some stainless wingnuts and washers from HD. bolt was 1/4 -20 for the 2018 bench. YMMV

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@LKMSurfing

Interior of the hull looks like this (nevermind the small child helping me run wires). Just need a fender washer, lock washer, and a nut. I would recommend using a nylock nut, or a jam nut, as I have to tighten these about once a year.

1683227999545.png

LKMSurfing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@LKMSurfing

Interior of the hull looks like this (nevermind the small child helping me run wires). Just need a fender washer, lock washer, and a nut. I would recommend using a nylock nut, or a jam nut, as I have to tighten these about once a year.

View attachment 199030

Thank you so much!!! That is exactly what I needed to understand!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Complete, had to use a 2014 seat, but looks good!
Looks great.

How do you like the conversion? Wife and I have mixed feelings about it. Mostly like it, but sometimes wish we had dual captains chairs. Use the storage under the seat for shoes and (2) coolers for drinks. Works out really well for that. She doesn't like sitting up there though while cruising as the windshield tends to snag her hair. No backrest makes it less than ideal for cruising as well.

LKMSurfing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great.

How do you like the conversion? Wife and I have mixed feelings about it. Mostly like it, but sometimes wish we had dual captains chairs. Use the storage under the seat for shoes and (2) coolers for drinks. Works out really well for that. She doesn't like sitting up there though while cruising as the windshield tends to snag her hair. No backrest makes it less than ideal for cruising as well.
We are very happy with it, We have that sale seating in our Centurion, so this is more natural style for us.

Anmarju

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Complete, had to use a 2014 seat, but looks good!
That looks great. I am planning on doing the same. Would you mind sending more pics underneath the bench? Is the a pole or it just sits on the far ends?
Also, where did you buy the bench?

Thanks a lot in advance.

LKMSurfing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will get some pics, I uses a pice of aluminum tubing & made my own supports out of starboard material . I googled the seat, found part number, then looked for best deal.

Anmarju

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will get some pics, I uses a pice of aluminum tubing & made my own supports out of starboard material . I googled the seat, found part number, then looked for best deal.
Thanks a lot. Looking forward to the pics so I can get my project started.
Thanks again!

Anmarju

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here you go, only issue is handle again the cushion. Could take it out, but it does not bother me.
Thanks a lot. I am about a to place the order for the bench. The last question the bracket and the pole are OEM as well or you sourced it somewhere else?

LKMSurfing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I made both, the bracket you can order, I did not see any pole online for support. It was easier Just to cut a piece of aluminum pipe to length as well as make the brackets. But the brackets are easily sourced as well.

Anmarju

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks a lot for your help. It is much appreciated!