• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shoreland'r Bunk Breakdown... Be aware

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
PLEASE.. inspect your Yamaha/Shoreland’r trailers for potential failure. My last video covered replacing your leaf springs, this one reveals some serious bunk breakdown. Must see!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Another great video, I have been keeping an eye on those pivot bolts. How thick were the pivot bolts when you were cutting them? That looks like the first major fail point. On my 2017 trailer I have been spraying them with PB blaster surface shield it does a great job keeping the oxidation to a miniimum. Before you dip that trailer in our great salty bays give it a coating of surface shield same with the leaf springs It should extend the life by 50% or more. See ya at the beach !!!!

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is a major fail point in my opinion. Pivot bolts are only like 3/8 thick or so. Cut through easy. I was afraid a bunk would come loose and I would damage my boat. So happy with the final product, it's like a new trailer now.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I had to replace one of my wood bunks, STBD side and in front, last year. Wife got a little hot pulling in one day, was very easy to do. Now I inspect the trailer quick after parking if there's nobody waiting in line. Also easy to crawl under the trailer and look for loose bolts. Maintenance is key!

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, agreed Anmut. So important. Thanks.

mike230kv

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
PLEASE.. inspect your Yamaha/Shoreland’r trailers for potential failure. My last video covered replacing your leaf springs, this one reveals some serious bunk breakdown. Must see!
Nice, thanks for the info

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My pleasure Mike!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Points for highlighting an important trailer maintenance issue. And I did note that the preferred way is to float the boat and then work on the naked trailer. Fully agree there.

But I really must question the use of cinder blocks under the bow as it is shown in the video, though. The reason you don't use the for cars is that they are too fragile and can crack and fail. When you put the point of the bow on them, that is just asking for the top one to split. I do understand most of the weight was on the bow stop. But if there is going to be a safety to back that up, preferably it would be a boat stand, a jack stand, or even a decent pyramid of wood. If the bow stop were to shift forward and drop the boat, you need something that could survive that force concentrated on that V.

Knew I guy who was killed working under his car. I am now very careful about lifting and securing vehicles.

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
TD you raise some really good points, thanks! I wish I had an easy way to float the boat for a few days and work on an empty trailer.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
But I really must question the use of cinder blocks

I had my Yamaha crush the cinder blocks years ago on the 2005ar230 luckily the trailer was hooked to the tow vehicle. I was putting it on blocks to remove the trailer and have new axles installed. Not only are they brittle some are made to with stand different pressure wood blocking or real boat supports are the best