• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sirius Radio

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
you have a clarion right? AMD6, 7 or 8....if so not the correct.

Clarion AMD correct one is SCC1.....good luck. This clarion is ancient. Drives me crazy theu screwed Yamaha with these old school crap.

So anyone who had left over SCC1 receivers are gouging them at $200 each. I could upgrade head unit before I did this.....smdh.

I have been using my Iheart radio off my phone to blue tooth. If youy have trouble with blue tooth there is another thread that helped me hook mine up. Your boat has Bluetooth already.

Hope this helps!

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like satellite radio is out! Not paying that much when there are other upgrades.

Good suggestion on iHeart streaming from cell....I'm luck that I have a work provided phone and personnel that both get unlimited data.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like satellite radio is out! Not paying that much when there are other upgrades.

Good suggestion on iHeart streaming from cell....I'm luck that I have a work provided phone and personnel that both get unlimited data.
If you already have xm could prolly upgrade to the internet listening and stream from there as well. I used to use slacker but liked Iheart more recently.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I surely hope you do NOT add XM. We have it in both cars and love it.
But IMHO, on a boat,
you want music.
Streaming music from iHEART radio is soooooooooooo much more pleasurable.
And tons MORE available music. Like the #1 Country station in AMERICA, WSIX ("The Big 98/Nashville), which Sirius took OFF the channel listing. That's why there is no "Channel 57" any longer !
Anyways ......... The cost of added data plans with your favorite CELL carrier is far cheaper than XM/Sirius.
Hope this helps you.
Oh ! Except for a cable (99 cents off ebay) if don't cost you a red cent to put iHEART from your SmartPhone onto your boat's audio system !
Best Wishes from "South Central Georgia", Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - Call me (phone) if I can help further).

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
pulling the sat radio system that came stock with my boat is on my to-do list......getting a longer arm to remove the antenna is my current hold up.....If you want it to experiment or play around say the word......might be the motivation I need.......worse case you may need to add an antenna.

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
pulling the sat radio system that came stock with my boat is on my to-do list......getting a longer arm to remove the antenna is my current hold up.....If you want it to experiment or play around say the word......might be the motivation I need.......worse case you may need to add an antenna.
Thanks for the offer! I think at this point, I'm just going to suffer the rest of the season and stream from my phone. Then look into upgrading the sound system this spring!

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you all for the information! Looks like an audio upgrade is in the future!

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you all for the information! Looks like an audio upgrade is in the future!
Let us know what you decide to go with for head unit/system. Im thinking about it as well. 2014 boat with a 2004 radio....smh....lol

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's crazy I can't believe the stock radio isn't XM/Sirius compatible!

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oh it capatible. ....meaning if you buy the receiver it works....yes crazy.

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We listen to SiriusXM all the time in the car cause we road trip across America many times a year, and we don't have enough music (and we have a LOT) to keep it interesting the whole time, and seeing "Sirius" on the online stats for the boat, put the boat on and promptly tuned in to Sirius to find "no tuner" .. That was not cool. Add on to that that you can't find the tuner for a reasonable price.. So we called SiriusXM and they sent us their Onyx system that I mounted on that moulding forward of the throttle setup and plugged it into the AUX-- worked like a charm all summer long!!