• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Slant Dectection Code 47 - Iregular

dsch2222

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hoping someone has encountered this - I bought my first 07 AR230 and noticed it had some codes stored in it. After aquiring YDS software it showed the slant sensor as irregular. Therefore I consulted the manual and it stated the switch was inside the ECU box. After removing the ECU and opening up there was no sensor present or evidence that there was from the factory.
Over all I am lost as to where this slant sensor is since it is not where the manual stated. And how to get this code to clear.

Any help would be appreciated

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have this same issue, have to replace the ECU module if you ever want it to go away is my assumption. It’s annoying because I can’t run my no wake mode in my starboard engine since I have an engine code light flashing for the slant detection switch. But still runs just fine!

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe slant detection was used in jet skis but not the boats. Wondering if someone replaced the original ECU with one from a jet ski.

dsch2222

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Everything looked factory inside my ECU box as if it has not been tampered with.
In the tech manual it shows that there is a slant sensor in the ECU box. the holes are there for it but were never used from the factory.

If that were the case I wonder if the ECU's can be reflashed.

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure your ECU went bad at some point and someone replaced it with a Waverunner model instead of a new boat ECU or getting it repaired.