• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spark plugs 1.8 HO.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Consult your manual - btw that plug looks perfect. :)

Jason spanick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These plugs are from this season and are what my Manuel called for. I’m not going to change them until winter when I do my 100 hours service. I’m just seeing what everyone is using and if a hotter plug is better. Just curious before I start ordering

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Using the factory NGK.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
NGK LFR6A, 0.8-0.9mm gap

4B32778F-22FA-4BE6-A8FF-EA01198FB67C.jpeg

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My used 240 came with funny looking Brisk plugs. They are pricey so I will probably just go back to stock plugs when its time to change.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a note that these engines are very finicky on plugs. Not so much other manufacturer's plugs, but if any engine is going wonky, the first thing we generally recommend is to change the plugs. Fixes the issue 80-90% of the time.

Given that, I don't think I would bother trying to get hotter/colder/longer lasting/fancy/nickel plated/etc. plugs. You should change them every 1-2 seasons (even if they don't need it--preventative and keeps them from getting seized in the block), so long lasting does you no good. And any other mod may just give you issues for your trouble.

(so, agreeing with everyone above, but maybe with some more explanation)

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How often do you change them, is it solely based on hours or once a season type thing? I've read they can make a difference in performance on these motors.

Apparently I don't spend enough time running the engines because we only have about 40 hours on a 2018.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just a note that these engines are very finicky on plugs. Not so much other manufacturer's plugs, but if any engine is going wonky, the first thing we generally recommend is to change the plugs. Fixes the issue 80-90% of the time.

Given that, I don't think I would bother trying to get hotter/colder/longer lasting/fancy/nickel plated/etc. plugs. You should change them every 1-2 seasons (even if they don't need it--preventative and keeps them from getting seized in the block), so long lasting does you no good. And any other mod may just give you issues for your trouble.

(so, agreeing with everyone above, but maybe with some more explanation)
That was pretty neat how you answered my question before I posted it :winkingthumbsup"

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm pretty magic that way. :)

There are some who use the boat enough to only change plugs on the published schedule. I have never put that many hours on the boat, but change them every 1-2 seasons nonetheless. Started with every season and have slipped this to every other season--still with no issues.