• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Summer Bummer, What to do

What do we do about it

• All for one one for all, no boating til she's good to go

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Too bad so sad, dump her on her friends and go without her

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Wait till she is weight bearing, and make her the designated spotter

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is our first year with a boat. We have three children, a 13 yo boy, and 11 yo twins, boy and girl. We managed to get out on the boat 4 or 5 times before heading to the outer banks for vacation last week. Here comes the bummer. My daughter broke her leg trying to skim board. Non weight bearing 4~6 weeks in cast 6~8 weeks. So....

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Carry her on and off of the boat and place her in the spotter position?

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree with @Bruce. Just don't go out when it is rough out as the bouncing could cause her discomfort.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Skim boards should come with a waiver! :rolleyes: I broke my ankle and severely dislocated it also on one of those. Tell her to hang in there, find calm water and bring her along!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe she wont even want to go on the boat? Maybe she'd like a day with some friends ordering pizza and watching Justin Beiber in concert?

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it was the wife.... dump her on the friends.... your kid.. well you gotta wait..
I really want to like your post, but if my wife sees it...I will be waiting..

Knot Practical

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in the same boat! I broke my leg right close to the knee at work. Non weight bearing for 12 weeks. Less than 4 weeks later with the help of friends we went out over the 4th, I couldn't get into the water but I had a great time. It was a good morale booster for me!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My 2 year old son broke his left femur the day after labor day last year. I had assumed it meant the end of my boating season for sure, but once we got into a routine with him my wife let me take it out once or twice with my daughter and some friends. It was obviously not a possibility to take my little guy out while he was in a Spica cast (almost full body) if your daughter is comfortable on board I say take her. Because being on a boat is always better than not being on a boat in my opinion.:winkingthumbsup"