• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texoma Aug 15-16

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Buncombe has a good ramp with plenty of overnight trailer storage. The over night slips are good but some are tight and tricky to get into.

If you make it out to wood island check out our glass disposal buckets. There is a ton of broken glass on all the islands. I recommend everyone wear lake shoes. My daughter has to have service hours for middle school so we started a program to help collect broken glass. We cleared the installation of the buckets with the corp. They are also supposed to be monitoring them to see if they are successful. We installed 3 buckets last weekend. We will see if people use them.

Check out our Facebook page @ clean the beach texoma.
Chris, thank you to you and your daughter. This is a great thing. Even if people don't use them, which I bet people will, those buckets sitting there with that message will serve as a reminder to people to not leave glass. Thanks again!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was trying to get a handle on what the actual plans were being considered. Like I said previously, we are not planning to cook, just get a bite at the Anchor Inn on Saturday evening. And if they close at 9, we will come in early enough to clean up and go eat. Clara doesn't do well in the heat, so I don't know how long or well, she will last. We have a college buddy and his wife coming out on Saturday and they will want to be dropped back at the marina around 4 to 5, so I don't know if we will go in or come back out after dropping them. What I was mainly wondering, was if we were planning to get together and visit after dinner, or if that had kind of fallen off for Saturday.

I always love a slip vs trailering every evening, especially when they are nice slips like at Buncombe. It makes the short stay so much nicer. The transient slips are larger and easier to get in than the guest slips. The 23' boat will stick out at least a foot on the guest slips. The gate locks and you have better security than other marinas we have been to.
I have no plans for Saturday. We are bringing stuff to cook for Saturday's dinner. If anyone wants, I would be more than happy to volunteer our trailer - sight unseen of course because I haven't ever been to Buncombe - for a Saturday evening get together if anyone wants. But, if Jeb is available, we might all be more comfortable at his place. I am looking forward to this trip and to see what Buncombe has to offer!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We would be very willing to hang out around the cabins after getting off the water on Saturday. I'm sure we'll make sure we are back in time to grab dinner at Buncombe if we don't do something else for dinner instead. Most of us are all in the same area so it should be pretty easy to get together to keep the good times going.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pearce - you made me think of this!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You guys are so laid back...makes it easy!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's @DCB-270 we have to watch. That guy is sooo up tight. :rolleyes:

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It's @DCB-270 we have to watch. That guy is sooo up tight. :rolleyes:
I didn't think you knew me so good.
Loading the truck now and getting ready to hit the road. We are going to the lake this afternoon till dark. We try and catch up with you guys at Jebs party.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Loading the truck now and getting ready to hit the road. We are going to the lake this afternoon till dark. We try and catch up with you guys at Jebs party.
I have some bad news about the party, my celebrity guest will not be able to make an appearance this week end. She is flying to L.A. to shoot a commercial. She is really bummed out and will be up memorial weekend for sure. She told me to tell everybody Hello and wishes she could attend. Now i know everybody is wondering who this person is. I will give out more details at the social, curiosity killed the cat so this is a ploy to get everyone to attend.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, does that mean shindig or no shindig Jeb?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am learning, Dan. ;) Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, ya know, we do owe him a $100 tab. I think he'll loosen up with a few pitchers poured back into him :joyful:
It might take about 4 of us to hold him down! He's tougher than nails. We do owe him and V though.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
always a shindig at my house, nothing has changed I'll be there, I'm a celebrity! I will tell ya that i am related to the other one. The party, oh I mean social will commence as planed

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Roger that, Jeb. So, social Friday night after BG's, Saturday night, or both?

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It might take about 4 of us to hold him down! He's tougher than nails. We do owe him and V though.
Who are you kidding Travis? Dan is ok, but we put up with his crap so we can visit with V! Naw just kiddin Dan. Or am I? Man i am so excited to see and visit with everyone. And today is the day. See ya all real soon,

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Roger that, Jeb. So, social Friday night after BG's, Saturday night, or both?
We will play it by ear for saturday, dont know what time we will get off the water.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ok...the old man is already tired! Can't attend a gathering with a partially dirty boat! It's good to go and off to the store for some F'ING AVOCADOS!

Sorry the celeb thing didn't work out...guess we will just have to catch you over the holiday weekend too!:D

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok...the old man is already tired! Can't attend a gathering with a partially dirty boat! It's good to go and off to the store for some F'ING AVOCADOS!
Mel, all you have to do is make 1 bad batch of guacamole and no one will ever want it again.