• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got the boat wet for the season! Air temp was 81 and water temp was 73. Beautiful day on Martin! It was windy as hell when I launched and got pushed against the dock. Thankfully the rubber coping around the dock saved the day and was able to clean it off easily. My heart sank at first though seeing the entire midsection of my boat with black and gray scrapes along side it. Had a nice old fella come help me wrangle the boat against the wind and so glad he was there lol. One of those days but glad to get the cob webs blown out and ready for the season!

Amazing sunset on the way home too…

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got the boat wet for the season! Air temp was 81 and water temp was 73. Beautiful day on Martin! It was windy as hell when I launched and got pushed against the dock. Thankfully the rubber coping around the dock saved the day and was able to clean it off easily. My heart sank at first though seeing the entire midsection of my boat with black and gray scrapes along side it. Had a nice old fella come help me wrangle the boat against the wind and so glad he was there lol. One of those days but glad to get the cob webs blown out and ready for the season!

Amazing sunset on the way home too…

I am so jealous you got out. This has been the worst MN spring in memory. Most days in April have been rainy with 20-30mph winds and temps well below average. I am praying that we are paying for a beautiful summer now. I'm glad the boat was okay. Those situations are what my nightmares are made of.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am so jealous you got out. This has been the worst MN spring in memory. Most days in April have been rainy with 20-30mph winds and temps well below average. I am praying that we are paying for a beautiful summer now. I'm glad the boat was okay. Those situations are what my nightmares are made of.
That is how the weather was for us last year. Just never cooperated when we had spare time and only got to take the boat out a handful of times last season. Hopefully things improve for y’all!

Yea it was a butt puckering moment for sure with the dock!! Forgot I took some pics of the dock rash that thankfully peeled right off. This was after I had removed it all from all along the gel coat, after my heart had settled :D. Imagine leaning over the side of the boat after hitting and your eyes seeing this all down the metal flake and trying to calculate the cost of repairs lol. That’s all I was thinking and wished I had take a pic how bad it looked all on the boat.

This is only emblem left with it …

Like it never happened! Just need to reapply some wax to shine it back up…

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where did you get the upgraded adjustable seat pedestal? Looks super slick.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got our boat out for the first time of the season yesterday. Was great to get some surfing in. Still 100% happy we went with it.

If it wasn't for this thread I likely wouldn't have talked myself and my wife into it.

IMG_5134.jpg

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
A week on my sister's S21..wow now I realize the feel of a real wave...I'm ready for another inboard.
IMG_6840.jpgIMG_8394.jpg

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A week on my sister's S21..wow now I realize the feel of a real wave...I'm ready for another inboard.
How was the ride on the S21? Nautique is my dream boat, and I can't find alot of personal reviews of the S21. Even on the Nautique forum, there isn't much info.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That nearly looks like a G from the front. Thought the S had less freeboard and more of a flat hull.

Edit: Nope just looked up an S21. You can get a lot of boats for the ~200k range, though.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Knock on my door first or you might catch me alone in my room watching Nautique videos on the internet... 😇

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just saw that Moomba launched an new Craz and I might be looking at my next boat. The only thing I am a little disapointed in is the dash, but I am hoping it's one of those things that looks better in person. Minus the display, it reminds me of something that came from like the '80s. It's too boxy for a sleek boat. I just need to see if their advertised hight is accurate and if I can lower the trailer a little to squeeze into my 8' tall garage.

A local dealer has one a couple hours away from me with some good pictures:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just saw that Moomba launched an new Craz and I might be looking at my next boat. The only thing I am a little disapointed in is the dash, but I am hoping it's one of those things that looks better in person. Minus the display, it reminds me of something that came from like the '80s. It's too boxy for a sleek boat. I just need to see if their advertised hight is accurate and if I can lower the trailer a little to squeeze into my 8' tall garage.

A local dealer has one a couple hours away from me with some good pictures:
Before all the crazy price increases I was drooling over the Craz. Glad to see they finally put in some pop up seat rests. Not a fan of that raptor motor, that's the biggest detractor. That and I'm guessing the Craz spec'ed out like they have it is $150k. Back when I picked up my 2020 you could get one for right at $110k, and with discounts probably about that or slightly less than OTD.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How was the ride on the S21? Nautique is my dream boat, and I can't find alot of personal reviews of the S21. Even on the Nautique forum, there isn't much info.
The first time on a real surf boat..its everything and more..I'm use to the jet boat wave. He worked all week, so I drove and surfed all week. Amazing boat, walk through transom was great. The throttle and steering..amazing. Port and Starboard stern storage..huge. The cover, life jackets, tow ropes..everything fit in there. Hinged seats for everything, garbage can, cooler.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What did you change?
Forgot I posted the above question so when I searched for this post again I found I didn't get an answer!

@haknslash - now I really need to know what you tweaked... Recently decided to upgrade to a '23 Moomba Mojo (Yamaha 4-sale coming soon!) and have a few months to research tweaks to the new boat so we're ready to rock on day 1 when it's delivered.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Forgot I posted the above question so when I searched for this post again I found I didn't get an answer!

@haknslash - now I really need to know what you tweaked... Recently decided to upgrade to a '23 Moomba Mojo (Yamaha 4-sale coming soon!) and have a few months to research tweaks to the new boat so we're ready to rock on day 1 when it's delivered.
Sorry for the delay. I’m not really on this forum anymore. You can find me on the Moomba forum and also the Moomba and Supra Facebook groups, if you do those. Congrats on the new boat!

Below are a composite comparison of two wave setups I run. The one on the right is the setup from my wave previously posted above.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Beautiful day in Martin. Gotta love it when the reflections dance off your boat!

Water is warming nicely here. 82 degrees in one of the sloughs and 79 in another part of the lake. Towed the boat 3 times with the new truck and it’s been great. So much better than my old 5.4 2WD

28243C50-26AE-4D7E-A872-05DE9511ADE0.jpegB104ECFD-9704-4F8C-B429-C8E229D28694.jpeg

This rental house is nuts inside and out. That big boom looking thing is a rope swing!

47EEE3E1-1915-4405-A9B5-ACF98037112B.jpeg

Nice Paragon but the ducks wanted to chill on the Max :D

E6703C5E-55BA-47E1-85B6-E2BDC23B3B49.jpeg

Last edited:

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Recently decided to upgrade to a '23 Moomba Mojo (Yamaha 4-sale coming soon!) and have a few months to research tweaks to the new boat so we're ready to rock on day 1 when it's delivered.
After 5 months of patiently waiting...today was new boat delivery day.

I was able to hit the water for a short spin around and quick ballast/wave test. Really happy with how it has all come together.
Didn't get too many pics tonight so I'll get some soon and post more, but that wave! :winkingthumbsup"
Not too shabby with basically no time playing around with the settings:
20230626_172102.jpg