• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer upgrades

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I finally got a spare tire mount for my trailer! Unfortunately the 2005 model didn't come with a spare tire mount so I've been toting the spare in my my Jeep and or boat for the past two years only to find out it only cost $120 to have a mount installed, I also had a new wench installed $35 and new tires $72 each. I am officially ready for summer :woot:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had them weld the mount underneath instead of side mount and they painted it to match the boat trailer, I don't know if it was worth the extra money and I don't care haha, it's done and I don't ever have to worry about the spare again.

$28 is a great price

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I misunderstood...I thought you had not yet had it installed...

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No worries, I'm just getting excited for boating season. Thanks for the input

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would be excited too, if I had powell in my backyard!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Raphael, I had the side mount, and loved being able to step onto the trailer tongue, on to the spare, and into the boat without much effort. Here is the mount the dealership installed, nuts and bolts, no welding, and it was as secure 4 years later as the first day installed. Sell the weld version and install one of these for $28!
http://www.marine-products.com/tie-down-side-mount-trailer-spare-tire-carrier-zinc-plated-86099.html
I'm glad you posted that link, I need one for the boat trailer and my enclosed trailer, I searched Amazon like I do for anything before buying and got 2 of the same mount for the same price but free shipping.

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here are a couple of pictures, those of you that have the newer models with spare tire mounts can't appreciate how awesome this is :)