• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Valet Launching Service

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
.Have you thought about getting the valet service only for the months you need it / can use it and purchasing only storage in the off season?
As far as I know that's the only way you can do it here. You don't need to purchase (off season) storage from the same location either. I just asked a guy for a quote on that retaining wall so we'll see. Maybe I won't need that valet service :)

Ajohn5555

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Considering all the $hit that comes with them, we must love our boats. This string has got me rethinking my situation. I have to make this easier if I'm going to keep doing it. Split and targeted storage maybe the key: 1. In season, store the boat under a car port at the closest marina with direct access to the Sacramento Delta. I don't mind launching and recovering myself but would pay a reasonable fee for the service as well. I called them a few months ago and the off season price for storage only was $30 per month. 2. Off season, store the boat on the side of my house. This way I avoid storage costs entirely. I like the idea of not having to tow it (or at least less distance) in season and having the ability to easily work on and / or see it "driveway boating" off season.

Have you thought about getting the valet service only for the months you need it / can use it and purchasing only storage in the off season?
Makes your heart beat faster when you see your boat 20 ft in the air. But it's the way to go.
image.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My valet is more like @WickedPorter described. They just have a tractor and come and get and pick up. You can self launch anytime. And the folks are like the Steve mentioned. Will lend tools, fix what you want. Very nice and friendly. But mine is open until 8 during the summer... Very worth it at $140/mo, but you do need the year lease.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Makes your heart beat faster when you see your boat 20 ft in the air. But it's the way to go.
View attachment 2178
@Ajohn, good to see you posting here. Nice pic of the boat on the forklift. Nice forklifts, the ones I've seen don't look like that at all. The toughest part for my buddy was seeing the boat bounce /vibrate on the forks as it settled between them.

Let me know when if you hit the Delta anytime soon, maybe we can hook up out there. It's supposed to hit 80 this Saturday.

Ajohn5555

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ajohn, good to see you posting here. Nice pic of the boat on the forklift. Nice forklifts, the ones I've seen don't look like that at all. The toughest part for my buddy was seeing the boat bounce /vibrate on the forks as it settled between them.

Let me know when if you hit the Delta anytime soon, maybe we can hook up out there. It's supposed to hit 80 this Saturday.
Hey Ronnie. I got so tired of all the drama on the other site. The UI here is better not sure about the quality of advice and experience but time will tell. Not sure I will have time to get out this weekend but I sure cannot wait to be out there again. I need to have the 60 hour service before I get back out to the lake. This time I am going to ask them if I can help or watch so I know what to do the next time. Including how to fog the engines.

This summer I need to get you out on Lake Tahoe. You will have the time of your life. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd love to check out Lake Tahoe this summer, just need to work the logistics (e.g. When? How long? Where to stay? What to bring, boat or skis, etc.).

Ajohn5555

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd love to check out Lake Tahoe this summer, just need to work the logistics (e.g. When? How long? Where to stay? What to bring, boat or skis, etc.).
Ronnie,

We will make a plan closer to the time. I think it would be great to bring you boat and family for a long weekend and enjoy the peace and beautiful clean water we have. If you stayed at the Sunnyside Hotel they have a marina / dock and you can book a berth for a few days. I will have my boat at Obexer's and they too offer daily or weekend packages, as long as you book ahead. Of course you are invited to my place for dinner. You will notice you boat goes a lot slower at that altitude but who's in a rush there is plenty to see and do. You will need to have your boat inspected before being allowed on the lake but its no big deal even though there is so much misinformation out there. There is an inspection station at Homewood which is very near the two places I mentioned before, I drive past every day when I am there and there is never a long line of boats. As long as your boat is clean, with no standing water or vegetation inside the boat you will pass inspection quickly. I can provide more details closer to the time.