• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vapor canister disintegrated

seventyeight

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So took the boat out for the first time and found under port side storage, next to the battery, what looked like mouse poop. A lot!! Then saw chunks of plastic. The fuel vapor canister essentially blew apart at some point after I stored the boat for the winter.Anyone hear/seen anything like that?

Attachments

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So took the boat out for the first time and found under port side storage, next to the battery, what looked like mouse poop. A lot!! Then saw chunks of plastic. The fuel vapor canister essentially blew apart at some point after I stored the boat for the winter.Anyone hear/seen anything like that?
I'm going to guess that there was some sort of water intrusion and it froze during the winter which split the canister? I don't know if the mice had anything to do with it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll check mine the next time I have that seat off. I have the same year/model as you.

@seventyeight
How is yours stored? Mine lives in the garage from April-October, then lives in a horse barn the rest of the year. We're at 223hrs as of this weekend, which over 6 seasons only feels a little low at ~40hrs/yr. How many hours on yours?

seventyeight

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm going to guess that there was some sort of water intrusion and it froze during the winter which split the canister? I don't know if the mice had anything to do with it.
I found plastic pieces on the other side of the battery, next to the hull. This think exploded. Boat stored in unheated garage the whole time. No mice there, I thought it was mouse poop, but it was the carbon pellets

seventyeight

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll check mine the next time I have that seat off. I have the same year/model as you.

@seventyeight
How is yours stored? Mine lives in the garage from April-October, then lives in a horse barn the rest of the year. We're at 223hrs as of this weekend, which over 6 seasons only feels a little low at ~40hrs/yr. How many hours on yours?
I have less then, but close to 100 hrs. Boat is stored the whole time in the same garage, unheated.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I found plastic pieces on the other side of the battery, next to the hull. This think exploded. Boat stored in unheated garage the whole time.
Unheated garage in Michigan? Yeah I'd say it froze and shattered. I'm less concerned with it shattering, and more concerned on how water got into the canister in the first place?