• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Warranty Boat Repairs, How long does it take your dealer to return boat?

How long does it take your Dealer to complete and return boat for warranty repairs???

• 1 week

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 3 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 weeks

• 5 weeks

• 6 weeks

• 7 weeks

• 2 months

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 3 months

• 4 months

• Apointment

• Emergency NO appointment

• Total voters

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rant warning.

Every time I take boat to dealer for warranty repair I am told it will be a week or two. Which is very reasonable to me. They need to fit in with other current work, diagnose, order parts, and install parts.

I get the impression dealer is always playing phone tag with warranty approval for 2 weeks, so boat is missing for a minimum of 4 weeks.

I am talking about repairs which are less than 1 day to complete, once warranty parts arrive. Example: 10 hour service, reverse cable, oil coolers (twice), gel coat cracks (three times), and tower gaskets (three times). Most years in the spring and fall I make an appointment and I take the boat in for small warranty items which I have noticed. The boat is always at dealer for 2 months. This is suppose to be my clean, polish, and modify time. In the summer we all use the boats as much as possible.

Dealer always promises about 2 weeks and it turns into 2 months. At times I feel like I am being taking advantage of because I am not swearing at threatening people.

Yamaha boats are great, I would purchase another one without regret.
Just curious what others have experienced?

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a pending warranty gelcoat repair. Really hoping it's not going to be two months. :(

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would like to see Yamaha only sales and service centers. Techs only work on Yamaha. I know it's just a dream!