• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So as February finally comes around we are one month closer to boating season! To get excited, post what you've done/bought for your boat getting ready for the season. In 2 weeks I am trailering my boat over to my audio dealer to start a big sound system install! But I just got my new seadek in today which I'm pumped about! IMG_8222.jpg

JimmyB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Last week I ordered seadek for the engine step over and quick releases for bumpers. This week I ordered a table base to mount in the bow area - but mostly looked out the window pining for warmer weather. :(

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
* Adding Garmin Echomap 64CV into custom dash
* Fixing gelcoat damage/scratches
* Adding fuse terminal block
* Added Cobra AK Ultimate (I think this is the one I got)
* Replaced missing/lost bimini top thumb screw

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not today but last weekend, finally got around to fixing brakes and adding support to mfi trailer. Also have new actuator slide and bolt on folding step. New winch also
Love my trailer now the brakes are fixed.

I dropped off my bimini top to get fixed. Did chat about how much it would cost to custom make me a top when this one really gives up the ghost....sounds like $500-600. That's not bad considering since a new OEM one is lik $1200. zipper needing replaced.jpgstorage cover hole.jpgrear swim platform hole 2.jpgrear swim platform hole 1.jpg

Can't really see here, but going to hav the edges reinforced as there's 2 pin holes starting to form.
main bimini center support piece.jpg

Also this weekend it's going to be 60* so picking up my boat from storage and getting to work on other items that need to be fixed(scupper, replace sound deadening, etc).

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Gelcoat fixing and keel shield going on. I kinda thrashed the keel last year. Needs fiberglass repair. This picture is from an awesome shop that I didn't even realize is literally down the street from me.

Attachments

Last edited:

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
walked somberly past it in the garage whilst shivering.

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
OK, I’m cheating here, but I have an upgrade in the works for Spring. My SRV195 had amidships cleats, and I found them so valuable, I installed a set on my CCR210 (Lordy, those 6” Accon pop-up cleats were SPENDY!) Anyway, when I went to tie up to a seawall last summer in the Mirage to let a storm pass, I was like “where the heck do I hang the second fender?” Since most of the hardware Sugar Sand used was Attwood, I searched their catalog and came up with identical cleats they used on the Mirage. The bow cleats are tiny, and as my buddy “Alpha-Sort” Dave always says “go big or go home” so I bit the $62 bullet and bought a pair of stern cleats off fleabay.
Whitley cleat.JPG
I picked out a spot nearly centered between the bow and stern cleats, and if memory serves correct, the red mark is where they’ll go, but I’ll post a pic when installed. A few heavy stainless washers and some plumbers putty/rope caulk and I’ll be in bidness. Honestly, I don’t know how people do without them. I think they’re a necessary upgrade for any pleasure craft. That’s my $0.02.
Location.JPG

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
...I dropped off my bimini top to get fixed...
Speaking of boat tops, when I got a local quote for $700 to replace the seriously moldy bimini on my 18’6” Sea Ray, I walked out and said “rip-off artist!” on my way out the door. Then I went to Jo-Ann fabrics, bought 6 yards of light beige waterproof canvas, a spool of “Dual-Duty” buttonhole thread, some #18 needles, asked one of the sewing instructors to show me how to make an overhand fabric joint, got some snaps and an installation tool at West Marine, and made my own top in an afternoon. I have a 60’s vintage hand-me-down cast iron Montgomery Ward sewing machine that’ll take the punishment of anything I throw at it, and if I didn’t already own one, I’d watch for something similar on garbage night [hint, hint]. Was the top I made show-quality? No, but I spent 50 doll hairs on materials and it’s still keeping the sun off the cockpit 18 years later. With a little practice on a sewing machine, anyone with some patience can repair their tops too. You’ll never know all the things you can do/make with an old sewing machine. Easy-peasy lemon-squeezey!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Speaking of boat tops, when I got a local quote for $700 to replace the seriously moldy bimini on my 18’6” Sea Ray, I walked out and said “rip-off artist!” on my way out the door. Then I went to Jo-Ann fabrics, bought 6 yards of light beige waterproof canvas, a spool of “Dual-Duty” buttonhole thread, some #18 needles, asked one of the sewing instructors to show me how to make an overhand fabric joint, got some snaps and an installation tool at West Marine, and made my own top in an afternoon. I have a 60’s vintage hand-me-down cast iron Montgomery Ward sewing machine that’ll take the punishment of anything I throw at it, and if I didn’t already own one, I’d watch for something similar on garbage night [hint, hint]. Was the top I made show-quality? No, but I spent 50 doll hairs on materials and it’s still keeping the sun off the cockpit 18 years later. With a little practice on a sewing machine, anyone with some patience can repair their tops too. You’ll never know all the things you can do/make with an old sewing machine. Easy-peasy lemon-squeezey!
Interesting. Can't say I've got the skill level or time to really tackle that kind of job. Closest thing I've got to any kind of upholstery type work is stapling a seat cover onto my jet ski seat.

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Interesting. Can't say I've got the skill level or time to really tackle that kind of job. Closest thing I've got to any kind of upholstery type work is stapling a seat cover onto my jet ski seat.
Oh, I understand, but I do what I like to call “boating on the cheap.” I store it on my property, trailer to my city launch with an annual pass, do all my own maintenance and repairs (except outdrives/gearboxes), buy “street” gas (as opposed to marina fuel prices), winterize myself, and cover it with reusable heavy tarps instead of paying someone to shrink-wrap it every fall. However, time = $$$$ and I couldn’t afford to pay someone to do what I do myself, nor do I think the quality or attention to detail would be the same.

And by no means am I Wile E. Coyote - Super Genius, but I read voraciously, ask questions of people I think are more knowledgeable than me, poke around in forums, and then make a detailed game plan to do something I’ve never done before. Usually, I don’t make matters worse than they were previously, so there’s that…

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
walked somberly past it in the garage whilst shivering.
Same here. Although I will add "tossed the box from the new bed cover over the bow until trash day" to the end of the sentence :D

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oh, I understand, but I do what I like to call “boating on the cheap.” I store it on my property, trailer to my city launch with an annual pass, do all my own maintenance and repairs (except outdrives/gearboxes), buy “street” gas (as opposed to marina fuel prices), winterize myself, and cover it with reusable heavy tarps instead of paying someone to shrink-wrap it every fall. However, time = $$$$ and I couldn’t afford to pay someone to do what I do myself, nor do I think the quality or attention to detail would be the same.

And by no means am I Wile E. Coyote - Super Genius, but I read voraciously, ask questions of people I think are more knowledgeable than me, poke around in forums, and then make a detailed game plan to do something I’ve never done before. Usually, I don’t make matters worse than they were previously, so there’s that…
I'm generally like you. I'll only use free launches, found a place that's $25 a month to store my boat indoors, do all my own maintenance and winterization, etc. But the bimini I'd be concerned I'd end up either messing up, or have more in it trying to get equipment/get it to my standards than it would cost to have it done.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I sat around thinking about how I can't wait to get it out of winter storage.....May can't come soon enough. Then the new lateral thrusters and TV Wake fins get installed.