• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What kinda deals are people getting on 15's?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious what kind of deals people are getting on the new 15's. Looking at a AR240 but don't want to get killed on price.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha dealers typically sell at or above MSRP. Many will throw in extra warranty or at cost extras.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Location is important as to what you will pay, based on demand and supply. Welcome to the forum, and good luck on the search. You can get more specific info if you list your location in your profile, that will add you to the member map and others in your area can reply. Like @Bruce said, most Yamaha dealers sell pretty close to MSRP and include damn near everything without up charges for things like the trailer, depth sounder, stereo, etc. Accessories however are additional and many will sweeten the deal by giving them or selling at cost with the deal. Welcome once again to jetboaters.net!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. Been stalking the forums for a while and reading everything I could. The wife and I decided years ago that we wanted a Yamaha boat but just now are able to swing the price, hopefully.... Like the 242ls but cant justify the extra 10K+ for the few extras. We really liked the boats before but the new 15's seem to have a lot of nice upgrades!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey there @subysti ......... Glad ya found us.
Pull up and chair, ask away, make yourself comfortable.
The new 2015 24 foot Yamaha's are THE BOMB !!!!!!
Best Wishes - Looking forward to seeing lots of new photos !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

And oh yeah !

+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 17 - NEW - subysti.jpg

Last edited:

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Like others said go in expecting to pay full MSRP for the boat. If you want to negotiate typical deals include upgraded galvanized trailer and a mooring cover. Of course I'd try for more like life preservers, anchor, dock lines, etc.

Often times your best deals come from the boat shows. Go to your local show and shop around. Don't be afraid to use one dealerships price (in writing) at another dealership. But also keep in mind paying an extra couple hundred at a dealership that is known to treat their customers great AFTER the sale is better than saving a couple hundred now at a dealer that won't want to be bothered by you once your money is in his bank account.

Welcome and good luck! After 3 seasons of use on my limited S I still am in love with it!!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My problem is there is only 1 Yamaha dealer nearby. Next one is about 100 miles away. Show is in a couple weeks and the wife and I plan on going early. he does have a left over Ltd-s for 51K but I'm thinking I'd rather go the extra 2k and get a new 2015 AR240.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes. Sorry.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I was just messing with ya @MikeyL :D

Jrash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious what kind of deals people are getting on the new 15's. Looking at a AR240 but don't want to get killed on price.
Here's the offer I got from my local dealer "The 2015 AR240 is $50,176 plus tax, freight and lic."

Last edited:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here's the offer I got from my local dealer "The 2015 AR240 is $50,176 plus tax and lic."
<Editted to correct pricing & more on 1-24-2015>

My opinion ? The good news is it appears this dealer did not add IN (approx) an additional $1495 delivery - which many/most dealers do.
By the way, the "suggested list price" on that boat is
$53,499.00
Good Luck ......... feel free to talk to a different dealer as well. Maybe even a state away.
Not having a "Local" dealer is not a bad thing. Ask the owners who live in and around Atlanta and other parts of Georgia who 1) Purchased from Wedowee Marine, on Lake Wedowee in Alabama. And who also take a short 2 hour drive over there for service (although many of us here, thoughout the US, do our own service/maintenance).

These Yamaha boats are really:
A) EASY to do maintenance on (oil/filter changes, etc).
B) Really reliable.
C) and require low maintenance (Compared to conventional power plants).

The point I am making is it is not necessary to have a dealer NEAR you. My dealer, for example, is 236 miles away, in an ADJOINING state even.
Oh, however, my dealer is ready in a heartbeat if I need anything ...... but I have not.
Sincere Blessed Wishes your way, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm confused. Do you think the dealer is going to say "oh, by the way, there's this $1495 delivery charge that we are now charging you". I was under the impression that some dealers charged it and some don't.

nestofpirates

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Just to level set. The $50,499.00 price is MSRP for an SX trim. If you can get the AR240 for $50,176.00 that sounds like a fair deal if most are buying the 2015 models at MSRP. The MSRP for the AR240 is $53,499.00.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm confused. Do you think the dealer is going to say "oh, by the way, there's this $1495 delivery charge that we are now charging you". I was under the impression that some dealers charged it and some don't.
McMark: I apologize for any confusion I may have caused. You ARE correct in what you stated (and no. I don't think he will "add back in later" a delivery charge). Also I made an unfortunate typing error in the AR240 M.S.L.P. pricing for 2015 in my post above, which has been noted and corrected. We all wish you the very best in your search.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok great! I'm going to the pittsburgh boat show today to crawl all over an AR240 hopefully.

Jrash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
McMark: I apologize for any confusion I may have caused. You ARE correct in what you stated (and no. I don't think he will "add back in later" a delivery charge). Also I made an unfortunate typing error in the AR240 M.S.L.P. pricing for 2015 in my post above, which has been noted and corrected. We all wish you the very best in your search.
My out the door price was $54400.09 their freight charge was one penny.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Guys, come on, the dealer pays the freight to Yamaha, they don't throw it in free. It is an apples to apples thing and you can pay more for the boat and no freight, or you can pay less for the boat and pay freight. It is just like buying a car, it is smoke and mirrors, although they are not trying to deceive you, they are just not all the same as each other. Some dealerships will view it different than the next as to what they want to make the purchase experience. But regardless, somewhere in the neighborhood of msrp, plus dealer prep fees, plus dealer freight, plus tax, plus license fees. And some dealers will group the document fees into prep, others won't, but you still are paying the fees. Some guys literally go in stating up front they will not pay anything more than tax, so when the deal is negotiated, they just don't come off the price as much as they would have. They like you, but they are in the business to make a profit, and they make a profit, how much is negotiable. Also, comparing out the door pricing is very confusing too. Because all states do not collect sales tax, and all states do not charge the same for it. It is a big amount and changes the price considerably. Quick story, my bro in law buys a brand new Sanger out of state from Calif and has it delivered to TX, NO SALES TAX! He thinks he has hit a home run...until he goes to pay the lic and reg in TX...and they won't issue TX numbers or license his trailer without him paying $3125 in Texas sales tax on his purchase of $50K for the boat. The only difference between on state and another is going to be how they collect their taxes, but one way or another, unless you buy here and keep there, and use a little slight of hand, your paying it. The best way to compare pricing here is to do it outside of sales tax and licensing fees, but include prep, freight, and any additional fees the dealership throws into the deal. We have had a number of buyers upset over the years that didn't know about the dealer freight until they went into the F&I office to sign the papers, thinking they had an out the door price, when what they had was a total cost for the boat price. Also, comparing a price of a boat that a guy buys in California vs Texas, Minnesota, Florida, NY, etc., is just a hard thing to do. They are all very different markets and some will sell cheap, some won't. Some will buy your business to get your business, some know they are not going to see you again because your buying outside their territory. Also, some dealers deliver full of gas, and with a mooring and trailering cover, coast guard package, fire ext, and full lake ready for you and your family...others deliver bare bones. All of that costs money. But seeing the price you state @Jrash , that is $3K under msrp...so a follow on question is this, is is a demo or otherwise not new or some difference that would take it so far below traditional pricing? I am taking some of what I read in this thread as accurate and I didn't go check the msrp's to see, but most dealers don't go anywhere near 3K below msrp to deliver a boat. It would be good news to new buyers if they did! I may drive out to Calif and trade my '12 SX in! That dealer is selling '15's at a '14 price! Oh, welcome to the forum @Jrash and congrats on the new AR!

Jrash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys, come on, the dealer pays the freight to Yamaha, they don't throw it in free. It is an apples to apples thing and you can pay more for the boat and no freight, or you can pay less for the boat and pay freight. It is just like buying a car, it is smoke and mirrors, although they are not trying to deceive you, they are just not all the same as each other. Some dealerships will view it different than the next as to what they want to make the purchase experience. But regardless, somewhere in the neighborhood of msrp, plus dealer prep fees, plus dealer freight, plus tax, plus license fees. And some dealers will group the document fees into prep, others won't, but you still are paying the fees. Some guys literally go in stating up front they will not pay anything more than tax, so when the deal is negotiated, they just don't come off the price as much as they would have. They like you, but they are in the business to make a profit, and they make a profit, how much is negotiable. Also, comparing out the door pricing is very confusing too. Because all states do not collect sales tax, and all states do not charge the same for it. It is a big amount and changes the price considerably. Quick story, my bro in law buys a brand new Sanger out of state from Calif and has it delivered to TX, NO SALES TAX! He thinks he has hit a home run...until he goes to pay the lic and reg in TX...and they won't issue TX numbers or license his trailer without him paying $3125 in Texas sales tax on his purchase of $50K for the boat. The only difference between on state and another is going to be how they collect their taxes, but one way or another, unless you buy here and keep there, and use a little slight of hand, your paying it. The best way to compare pricing here is to do it outside of sales tax and licensing fees, but include prep, freight, and any additional fees the dealership throws into the deal. We have had a number of buyers upset over the years that didn't know about the dealer freight until they went into the F&I office to sign the papers, thinking they had an out the door price, when what they had was a total cost for the boat price. Also, comparing a price of a boat that a guy buys in California vs Texas, Minnesota, Florida, NY, etc., is just a hard thing to do. They are all very different markets and some will sell cheap, some won't. Some will buy your business to get your business, some know they are not going to see you again because your buying outside their territory. Also, some dealers deliver full of gas, and with a mooring and trailering cover, coast guard package, fire ext, and full lake ready for you and your family...others deliver bare bones. All of that costs money. But seeing the price you state @Jrash , that is $3K under msrp...so a follow on question is this, is is a demo or otherwise not new or some difference that would take it so far below traditional pricing? I am taking some of what I read in this thread as accurate and I didn't go check the msrp's to see, but most dealers don't go anywhere near 3K below msrp to deliver a boat. It would be good news to new buyers if they did! I may drive out to Calif and trade my '12 SX in! That dealer is selling '15's at a '14 price! Oh, welcome to the forum @Jrash and congrats on the new AR!
Total price for a brand new (not demo) 2015 ar240 before tax is $52,400.00. Including shipping, license fee, sticker, galvanized trailer and a cover. The deal is supposed to happen this week.

Last edited:

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That price is a steal!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When buying a boat (or a car), I insist that they give me the walk-out price. With EVERYTHING in there. Any fee, charge, tax and everything. That is the only way you can compare apples-to-apples. Besides, that is really the number I care about--how much money do I have to pay.

Also makes the closing much easier. I look over all of the documentation, of course, but if the bottom line matches the bottom line of what we negotiated, I am relatively happy.

(oh, and @subysti , I couldn't justify the extra $10k either. if I had to do it again, I would have another AR240)