• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

‘13 Chevy Replacement Batery Suggestions?

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Considering my ‘13 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 is just over 5yrs old, and snowmobiling in Northern Michigan and Northern Ontario is around the corner, I figure it may not be a bad idea to replace the original battery now before it dies...

So what is the best value for a replacement battery? In the past I’ve usually bought the duralast gold from autozone. Just wondered if there is a better value battery for a similar price.

TY!!!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Personally I don’t pinch pennies when it comes to batteries in cold weather environments. I have sears die hard platinum military rated batteries in my 7.3 diesel. Interstate makes good batteries too

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Personally I don’t pinch pennies when it comes to batteries in cold weather environments. I have sears die hard platinum military rated batteries in my 7.3 diesel. Interstate makes good batteries too
TY for the reply.

Unfortunately our local Sears is on of the ow closed locations.

I ended up buying a AutoCraft Gold from Advance Auto last night during their 25% off online orders sale.

Hoping the weather turns a little warmer sometime this week so I can install it without freezing!!!

The stock battery tested ok, though it is getting weak. Think it was ~475 CCA vs the rated 615 CCA. So it is/was probably a matter of time before it gave out.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This sounds odd, but I've been running Duracell batteries in my vehicles for years now with great results. Probably a rebranded something or the other, but they are working nice, and are sold/serviced by Batteries Plus.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in the "a battery is a battery" camp (most are made by a couple of companies with different labels on them) but I could be wrong. I've also never dealt with a diesel.

Mainly what I wanted to chime in on was replacement interval: After an incident in which my 5-year-old battery fell apart internally due to vibration caused by a tire going out of balance because of chip-seal (tar) caught in the treads (take THAT run-on-sentence-police) I don't go over 3 years between replacement anymore. After that trip (18 years ago and still referred to as The Trip From H3|| by my wife and I) I did a little research and it seems that they can get pretty fragile inside over time. Obviously they CAN last a lot longer but now you're dealing with specific samples. The averages say things start to go wrong after 3 years - so that's my limit on lead-acid batteries for anything not a riding lawnmower.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
It seems on average I usually get around 5yrs on the factory battery. And somewhere around that for a replacement battery if I remember correctly.

My truck is actually the gasser, 6.0 motor. But we do have a travel trailer which the truck charges the tt battery when towing, or anytime it’s “plugged in” to the truck.

I have heard pretty good things about the Duracell batteries, just never tried one. I believe I have seen them at Sam’s Club as well....