• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

👀 Redundant Port Engine Issue-Limited RPM

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@props2you we are definitely having the same symptoms. Mine is still at the dealer.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Quick update after the weekend! I did change out the starting battery with a new GRP24 Duracell. Once installed I turned everything back on and immediately had the port engine alarm, everything looked and seemed normal. I started both engines and the alarm immediately disappeared. Assuming the alarm was still triggered from previous battery/memory. Was out all weekend and not a single alarm or issue. Did not need to use emergency parallel and ran the boat in normal operation without issue. Although, I still need to build my trust back that there isn't an alarm each time I start.

Who knew the bad starting battery would wreak so much havoc!?!?