• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

07 AR230 No Water from Exhaust Pissers

mckev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As the title says, I have yet to see any water from the exhaust pissers. The thermostat ones started working after I did thermostats and the engine flush.
I've don't everything I can think of:
Closed loop engine flush
Air blow out
Weed eater line (even traced it back to the exhaust hose to make sure the hose wasn't broken but I think I'd have bigger problems if broke )

Do these always flow when underway? Is there enough pressure? Seems it could be dumping out of the exhaust before it can spray out the side. Tempted to pull the hose on the exhaust when on the water and see if I get anything there.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
update your profile so we know where you are,

how bad was your system that you did a flush? what type of "flush" did you do ?

are you not seeing the indicator while operating on the water or just the hose ?

are you running it for an extended period (5 minutes or more) ? are you getting any overheat warnings ?

I would disconnect the discharge hose at the exhaust connection and see if you're getting flow there,

Have you watched the video in our FAQ about how the cooling water flows ?

mckev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did the closed loop acid flush posted by CrankyGypsy as initially I had overheat and stuck thermostats. The boat sat since 2017 and put away wet. Since the flush and new thermostats no more over heats and done several runs and extended cruising. These observations are on water, I may try clamping the inlet pipe and run on hose to see if that might show something coming through the exhaust.

Will try removing the hose when on the water the next time.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my guess would be since it was enough to cause stuck thermostats and you to did a flush (assuming you got a bunch of debris out with the flush) that either you pushed some more down the line or that indicator line fitting got clogged up.

I might remove the hose from that fitting on the exhaust and try to push a paperclip or thin screwdriver down it to be sure it's clear and blow some air through the hose to confirm it's clear to the exit at the side of the boat,

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length