• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1.8l flywheel cover removal

JetboatBrad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello all,
I’m swapping out an engine on my 18’ 242 Limited SE and I ran into another roadblock. I pulled the engine out and was swapping it out with another complete engine I bought. I starred to pull the intake manifold, exhaust manifold and wiring harness. I got the coupling flange off and made it to the transfer shaft where I can’t figure out how to get it off. Anyone ran into this before?

Attachments

• 0D89A72C-EAD7-4D21-85E8-C87B7AF34D71.jpeg
    0D89A72C-EAD7-4D21-85E8-C87B7AF34D71.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 21
  • D127F7E8-76B7-4814-9C11-4580B610FB70.jpeg
    D127F7E8-76B7-4814-9C11-4580B610FB70.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
Why do those look different? One looks like it has crank sensors and the other does not. Just curious from looking at the pics.

Why do those look different? One looks like it has crank sensors and the other does not. Just curious from looking at the pics.
I believe the new one is from a jet ski and one is from my boat. I will be swapping the flywheel covers but I counted the same number of wires on each. Only difference I saw was the type of connectors and the fact that there are mounting holes for the exhaust manifold from my boat engine

Out of curiosity why did you have to swap the motor and where did you get the replacement ?
I'm just down 80 if you need any help.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity why did you have to swap the motor and where did you get the replacement ?

Hey J, I could use all the help I can get. Where are you down 80? I had a spark plug shoot out of the head in the #1 cylinder. I tried to helicoil it and that did not work. Seems as though I may detonation now but I’m not sure of that yet. I haven’t torn the old one down yet. Will be doing that as soon as I get this one up and running. I got a complete engine from a guy who had a takeout. It’s a 19’ so the boat was a ‘20 model. Mine is a ‘17 out of my 18’ 242. Have you had anything like this?

Messaged you my contact info.

Jason

Back