• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

10 Hour Service North Texas

crains

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Looking to have a 10 Hour service done. Are there any mobile mechanics in North Texas that would do this at our Marina?
Phil Dill Boats has quite the wait. Would rather not be off the water for a month.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Waste of money. There is a checklist on page 130 of your manual. Essentially it's check to make sure everything works, no loose bolts/connections, grease a few things, change the oil (not filter...odd) and inspect the sparkplugs. I recall I did this at Phil Dill and it was $500+ down the drain 14 years ago. If you are lightly handy you can do this yourself. If you are not then you may not have a choice.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
did you buy your boat from Phil Dill ?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah - DIY. Boat is very simple to work on. Plugs and oil change is about an hour worth of time. 40 minutes of that is waiting for the oil to be pumped out. ~20 minutes each engine with my cheap amazon extractor.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Minimal investment. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed with all the above comments.
I did mine too.
It creates a bond with your boat too. ;)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a sad state when you buy a brand new 255 from a dealer and they won't even work you in for a 10 hour service, how hard is it to make an appointment, block off a tech and have the owner drop the boat off one day and pick it up the next or even two,

a month without the boat, a bet the salesman didn't mention that when he was doing the paperwork,

I've not heard of any yamaha mechanics that are mobile, I would be very cautious of your normal marina mechanics as they're not familiar with yamahas and don't know the engine on, cooling water on, cooling water off, engine off process,