• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

15 242ls wiring schematic

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was wondering if anybody has a wiring schematic. Im looking at rerouting my tower lights to run from my courtesy light switch on the connext. Then I will be running my led rope and cup holder lights off of the tower switch. I know the fuse boxes are in the engine compartment, and think I can tap in there. Or right off the back of the connext. Thanks any advise is welcomed.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the shop manual and will see what I can find. The wiring parts are too detailed.

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks bud, any help you can provide would be awesome.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Unless Yamaha made substantial changes from 14 to 15, the fuses in the engine compartment are ECM and starter circuitry fuses, not house fuses. And the ACC fuse used to be in the compartment on the wall by the battery, and the individual switch circuit breakers were beside the individual switch in the previous boats. Unless the Connext just uses triggers to the engine compartment, my guess is that there are still circuit breakers behind the helm maybe. If they are in the engine compartment, that is pretty convenient and another new and improved feature.

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
txav8r, I believe you are correct. there should be the two acc fuses by the batteries. I might have to go old school and just test the wires coming out of the connext to find the power wires for the lights, and hope the wire color stays the same to the back of the boat. My last boat I ran my led lights from the anchor light switch and still keep the 5amp fuse. The only problem I see with this boat is running new wires thru the boat since the gunnels and the cup holders are covered.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You can run siting in this boat. It is actually easier than my previous makes.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK here is the wiring from the manual. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks bud, I think that will do it. I think I might have to get a service manual. Thanks again!