• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

So the moral of the story is not to use lube or it will get everywhere?

I present Exhibit 1 of what occurs when one does not take care of the little things......I know it was your prior owner who didn't take care of that rocketship. In any event, to prevent future problems, all you need to is take the plugs out after EVERY outing, without fail. Then, you will never have a stuck plug problem again. No need to lube them or clean them - just remove them after every outing, and they will never stick. I's speaking from many years of LS ownership.

Good Grief that sucker was stuck! Good thing you had a tractor. Not sure what you would have done had you not had that.

If you ever find yourself in that situation again skip the lube and the tractor. Take out the 6 screws and pull the top half then you can destroy the bottom half. I used a channel locks to try to pull my out at first but found that they just slip and cut your hand on the bottom of the tray. Just twist the internal support fins until it shrinks enough to come loose.

Oh and very important....put the top half into a plastic bag and do not mess with the mechanism while it is apart. There is a little spring in there that will fly out and disappear forever.

That is just plain butt (plug) ugly!
:p

There wont be a next time I hope with proper maintenance (remove after lake, re-install before lake, repeat), I had thought about taking it apart because I knew I would later to rebuild them, but the tractor got the job done like it always does with everything I ask it to do.

I am right there on hoping there is no next time. I am one of those people that sometimes has to go back home to make sure I closed the garage door. One of these days I am going to fall off the dock in the dark going over to check my plugs at 2am. :)

Back