• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

165 ID Anchor

Reaction score
Welling Beach...Lake Winnebago, Wisconsin
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Just joined this forum.

I have a new 2022 165 ID on order. I won't be able to get it until next spring, but would like to buy some accessories for it. I would like to buy a vinyl coated fluke style anchor to store in the anchor locker in the bow of the boat. The dealer does not have any boats in stock, so I don't have any measurements on the compartment size. What do you use?

Thanks

FYI, you may want to post Scarab specific stuff under that section. Many Scarab owners don't follow the General Discussion forum because 90% of the topics are for Yamahas.

This is a picture of a 165 anchor locker that is holding a 15lbs fluke, vinyl coated anchor. lol It's mine. It should give you an idea of the size. I highly recommend a rubber matt like I have under the anchor to prevent damage when hitting wakes hard. I've also glued a foam matt on the side wall so that the chain doesn't slip into the ski locker. It does not have that stock.

I store an "anchor buddy" type rope in there, a 25ft piece of nylon rope for various purposes, I also have my fire extinguisher mounted to the seat above the anchor and there's still plenty of room for way more. Just inconvenient if you have too much in there.

Attachments

• PXL_20210519_203702187.jpg
    PXL_20210519_203702187.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
FYI, you may want to post Scarab specific stuff under that section. Many Scarab owners don't follow the General Discussion forum because 90% of the topics are for Yamahas.

This is a picture of a 165 anchor locker that is holding a 15lbs fluke, vinyl coated anchor. lol It's mine. It should give you an idea of the size. I highly recommend a rubber matt like I have under the anchor to prevent damage when hitting wakes hard. I've also glued a foam matt on the side wall so that the chain doesn't slip into the ski locker. It does not have that stock.

I store an "anchor buddy" type rope in there, a 25ft piece of nylon rope for various purposes, I also have my fire extinguisher mounted to the seat above the anchor and there's still plenty of room for way more. Just inconvenient if you have too much in there.

Cooper river anchor are amazing.

Back