• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

175 sport jet only running on 1 bank.

Samjet99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 175 sport jet , and it is only running on 3 cylinders. The problem started when I lost spark on a whole bank, so I replaced one switch box and it seemed to fix the problem. Until a couple trips later I took it out and it all of a sudden lost a lot of power, topping out at 4100rpm. Checked for spark and all 6 cylinders have good blue spark, but one bank is COLD. It is only running on one bank of cylinders. After reading ALOT of forums, I did ohm tests on my trigger and stator. When I did this I noticed one of the trigger wires melted , and badly corroded. I thought I had er figured. But after doing the ohm test, despite the corroded wire, trigger tested up to spec, but the stator did not. I bought a new stator and trigger, figured id do them both since I’m in there. And the problem is STILL the same ! At this point I don’t know what else to do. I see they say do switch boxes in pairs, but my mechanic said otherwise. Is it worth it to just do both? Is there a test to check the switch boxes? Thank you in advance. Just want to go boating !

Sorry; need to go back on something here...

Your 175 is a V6, right? And you have spark on all 6 cylinders. But one side of the engine is cold, meaning it is not going bang on that side. But if it were the stator or the trigger or the corrosion or anything electrical, you would not have spark, right? Three options: spark, fuel and air. So either that side has a fuel line problem or an air problem (intake or compression). Are the plugs wet after you run?

Back