• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

19 AR190 Speedometer not working

r3volol

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m no longer seeing my speed on my 19 AR190. I reset Connext to factory but to no avail. Any idea what it might be?

I'm guessing this is a GPS speedo? Possibly antenna is disconnected. Otherwise should be under warranty for a 2019 boat.

Agree. I think all the 2019's are GPS. The puck for the GPS should be ahead of the helm on the starboard side. The wires to it are very, very thin. Would not take much to yank one off if you were loading or working up next to it. Rare, but I suppose it could happen.

Well, it ended up randomly working again... I’m gonna chalk it up to new boat glitches...

Check bunk boards, mine was setup where the boat speedometer was sitting on boards which pushed one of the sides of the speedometer wheel onto he wheel squeezing it enough to quit spinning freely. I moved my boards and never had the problem again.

19 foot boats are not gps. There is a paddle wheel under the back of the Boat.

Check bunk boards, mine was setup where the boat speedometer was sitting on boards which pushed one of the sides of the speedometer wheel onto he wheel squeezing it enough to quit spinning freely. I moved my boards and never had the problem again.
Interesting. We keep our boat in a slip with a lift so no adjusting the boards unfortunately, but at least I know what to check in the future. Thanks for the help and insight!

Mine was pinned at 0 this weekend, small stone wedges in wheel from beach.

Hi Two days ago I suck some cloth under my boat I have to take my impala out to clean it up and after that my speedometer doesn’t work let somebody know what happened thank you

Back