• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 Maintenance

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Need to do service soon on the 195. Is there anything different from the regular 1.8s?

Need to do service soon on the 195. Is there anything different from the regular 1.8s?
Same engine, just with a supercharger. Oil, filter, plugs and you should be good to go.

That's what I thought, wasn't sure if anything special needed to be done with SC.

Are the spark plugs the same or different? According to a seller on amazon they are.

The difference is the LFR6A vs LFR7A plugs.

Last edited:
I bought the LFR7A plugs for mine. Prob just a heat range different to account for boost

LFR7A is the OE plug. Be careful where you purchase, there are plenty of counterfit plugs out there.

Is there a significant price difference on the plugs? The 6A kit is half the price of the 7A kit, but when Iook up just the plugs they are almost the same price.

I actually bought my last set at Autozone had them in stock, if I remember correctly they were about $6/ea. 92038 is their stock numb

Attachments

• 20211219_143643.jpg
    20211219_143643.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
I actually bought my last set at Autozone had them in stock, if I remember correctly they were about $6/ea. 92038 is their stock numb

Perfect. I will order the regular oil change kit then get the plugs from Autozone. Gives me a reason to ride the golf cart.

Are the spark plugs the same or different? According to a seller on amazon they are.
The difference is the LFR6A vs LFR7A plugs.
Poop...forgot they use the 7 plugs which run one grade cooler due to boost pressure. My bad...one demerit for me.
:oops:

Is there a significant price difference on the plugs? The 6A kit is half the price of the 7A kit, but when Iook up just the plugs they are almost the same price.
Don't buy any kits, just buy the plugs in sets of four. Up here individually they're about $12 but in 4-packs they come out to $8.20 each. They come with plastic spacers over the electrode to maintain factory gap, but I always check them before use.

Back