• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195id blower out @ 15 hours WTF

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
was at idle in middle of lake when I noticed an unusual small puff of smoke by the ladder....then the blower stopped working. Boat only has 15 hours on it. WTF.

Is it common for the blowers to go out in these scarabs? Light switch still works and no other issues,..just the blower doesn't turn on... All fuses are good.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
First time I’ve heard of a blower motor going bad; on Scarab or any boat at just 15 hours.

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Any chance one of the relay is bad and impacting the blower and nothing. Also does anyone know where the blower vents to the outside....I wanted to put my hand on it to spin it or check for debris but find the open bottom side. With the 300 there is a mess of hoses that make accessing it very hard from the top. Thanks

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My 215 blows out under the stern seat bottoms. 99% sure the 195 is the same.

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I know where the blower is. Your suggesting it is pulling from the blower unit down low and pushing air through the black hose to the top just under the seat..

By looking at it I assumed it was the other way.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The inlet(s) are passive. I believe the inlets are on the port side, and exhaust is on starboard. The blower just pushes air out.
It’s kind of weird that it smoked.

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Can't say 100% it was the motor that caused the smoked but it did stop working shortly after I saw the buff of smoke.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
check the fuse. my 215 just blew the fuse this weekend for no reason, it was a 7.5a micro fuse behind the console. also, oddly enough one of the wires to the switch came loose so once i replaced the fuse the switch light worked but no blower until i secured the one wire that came loose. probably a minor issue, fuses go and things rattle loose.

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I'll check. Thanks

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Well hot dog. Went out to the boat turns out there is a second fuse block under the console. 7.5 to the blower was blown. Replaced and back in action. Fixed something and learned something in the same 10 mins. Thank everyone

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
No idea. Maybe just a random puff of exhaust. Everything works again

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
In the cooler months, when taking people out (on the boat), I'll tell them if you see smoke coming from the back to let me know right away. Few minutes later they're panic stricken and yell, "I see smoke". Before yelling "jump off the boat" I explain that it's just steam and is a part of the cooling system. LOL, works everytime.

Just bringing this up as your situation reminds me of a joke I play.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Beware I recently helped someone with this exact issue (but on an older boat) some debris on the fan caused it to stop working and blow the fuse. Once the debris was removed and fused replaced, blower was back in Business. This one is 21 years old.