• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195S Tower on Boat Lift with Canopy

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We have a 195S on order with included cover. What do folks do when they store their boat on a lift with a canopy? Is there a way to put the boat's cover in place then drop the tower so it doesn't hit the boat lifts canopy?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I always left my tower up and only put the boat cover on while I was gone during the week. It still got really good coverage from the canopy with the boat cranked all the way up with about an inch between the tower and canopy. With the boat cover on it stayed completely dry and clean. I did get the taller supports for my Shoremaster canopy so that I can drive underneath it without having to drop the tower. I think it was only about $300 and well worth it.

20150822_145731.jpg

Last edited:

Olsonn20

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know from experience the tower will fold with the cover on. I trailer mine to the lake so not sure on lifts etc

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I always left my tower up and only put the boat cover on while I was gone during the week. It still got really good coverage from the canopy with the boat cranked all the way up with about an inch between the tower and canopy. With the boat cover on it stayed completely dry and clean. I did get the taller supports for my Shoremaster canopy so that I can drive underneath it without having to drop the tower. I think it was only about $300 and well worth it.

View attachment 144129
19 ft boat? What size of boat lift is that? 10x24?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
19 ft boat? What size of boat lift is that? 10x24?
Yes, AR192. The lift is a 120" wide with 5000lb capacity and a 23' canopy.