• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1995 Sugar Sands Bogging issues

MrParker9211

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have a 1995 Sugar Sand Mirage. I just recently got it back from the shop and the engine now runs perfectly. No my issue is that at full throttle I’m only getting 3000 RPMs in gear and won’t come up on a plane. On the trailer it suns just fine. I don’t know what to do. I’ve checked the impeller and it’s perfect, I did see a lil rubbing on the housing but other than that all the splines are great. I did see someone talking about a backfire causing the plate to warp and my boat did have a HUGE backfire and the plate isnt seated flush with the bottom of the boat but it is sealed? All the help will be greatly appreciated.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, we don't have to many sugar sands members so it may take a few days for them to check in,

What should your normal red line rpm's be?

Does your engine make more than 3k rpm on land?
Have you both nursed the throttles slowly forward and just slammed it wide open ? same results either way?

When you talk about the plate warping are you meaning the intake grate on the boat of the hull?

A picture of the plate not sitting flush may help, along with the impellers,