• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1999 XR2 120 2600.00 reccomendations

deportes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi, thanks for the add to the forum. Are these older boats any good? It needs a starter. What to look for before buying. Thanks.

Stomp10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Try to get a compression test on all cylinders. That should get you a fair idea of the overall engine condition.
Also try to get a good look at the impeller and wear ring on the drive. You want tight clearances between the 2.
If you can put your hands on one of those little bitty inspection mirrors with a telescoping handle, that may help you get inside to look at the impeller\wear ring.

I am a recent new owner of one myself now.
I love this boat, even though I am needing to replace the engine this season.
I am quite committed to this restoration, no matter what.

I love the simplicity of the jet drive system.
You will want to decide for yourself just how much you want to put into it before you pull the trigger on it.
21 years old and unknown service history has the potential to be a can of worms, but also a potential to be the best boat you have ever had.
Not trying to put you off, just my two cents worth.

Also, welcome to the forum!
Let us know how you get on with it.
Gotta run for now! Good luck!

deportes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other