• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

19ft Class Single axle trailer axle weight rating?

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking of adding some steel shot to my surf package on my 19ft AR190, but I am worried about towing around an extra 1000lbs. Not For the extra weght on my car, but the extra weight on the trailer. Does anyone know what size axle is on the 19ft trailers? 3500lb? 5000lb?

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking of adding some steel shot to my surf package on my 19ft AR190, but I am worried about towing around an extra 1000lbs. Not For the extra weght on my car, but the extra weight on the trailer. Does anyone know what size axle is on the 19ft trailers? 3500lb? 5000lb?
It won’t matter how much weight you’re soaking hold if your tires are not rated to toe that way each one of the tires on these trailers is rated for
1710 lbs
capacity of 3420 lbs
Your trailer weighs roughly 600 lbs
boat weighs about 2400 pounds with fuel extra battery and spare tire
If you ask me I wouldn’t risk it!
Not to mention once you’re on the water steel shots Are going to make putting the boat back on the trailer a lot rougher on both boat and trailer bunks
I know it’s a pain and doesn’t look that great but go with the ballast bags

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To simplify it, if it’s 5 lug, it’s not more than 3,500. I’m guessing it’s a 3.5k axle. And as mentioned above, tire ratings are just as important, if not more important. Bend an axle, you can still limp along. Blow a tire, and you’re stuck.

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you . That's what I thought, but couldn't find it anywhere.

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mostly within 40 min about 25 miles, but yearly to Powell about 5 hours

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No offense but you should be more worried about adding the 1000 lbs to the boat when it's on the water.

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. Can you expand on what makes you worried about 1000lb of ballast? Strain on engine, boat too low in water?

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. Can you expand on what makes you worried about 1000lb of ballast? Strain on engine, boat too low in water?
Weight capacity on your boat is 1600 pounds, that means according to your capacity plate and the law you only have the room for 600lbs of people, gear, etc.

I'm sure people on this and other forums say that there's no issue with going over the capacity on your boat. In the end it's your choice on what to do, but just be aware that there are also liability issues if you are involved in a boating incident and your boat is overloaded.

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another question...... has anyone tried to put a slightly bigger or more heavy duty tire on the 19ft trailer, or even done an axle swap? I am headed to Lake Powell and would like to put more camping gear in the boat to transport it to the lake but don't want to over load the tires and axle?

We will have a house boat to put the extra stuff on once we get there. Just need to get my Family of 7 and the boat all in our Expedition Max.